Why do people read the Daily Mail or Daily Express ?

But when a quote is taken out of a full speech etc. it's meaning can be misinterpreted.

Hence I referred to the need for well researched articles.

Well researched doesn't mean no bias. Most of the proper newspapers with Journalistic standards are well researched.

Here are some direct quotes. Not taken out of context. So no misinterpretation.

REPORTER: I just want to get you to clarify this very important point. Can you say definitively that nobody on your campaign had any contacts with the Russians during the campaign? And on the leaks, is it fake news or are these real leaks?

TRUMP: Well, the leaks are real. You’re the one that wrote about them and reported them; I mean, the leaks are real. You know what they said, you saw it, and the leaks are absolutely real. The news is fake because so much of the news is fake.

So the leaks are real but the press reporting the content of the leak is 'Fake news'.

Here's another about Uranium...

“You know what uranium is, right? It’s this thing called nuclear weapons. And other things. Like lots of things are done with uranium. Including some bad things. But nobody talks about that.”

And here's one from his Twitter.

Any negative polls are fake news, just like the CNN, ABC, NBC polls in the election. Sorry, people want border security and extreme vetting.

So I'm pretty sure he is pretty stupid.

Trump is making a stand against the media ! ? !

I suspect, very strongly, that what he`s taking a stand against is media which doesn`t support him regardless. If anyone would be taking a stand against the media it`s against papers like the Express and Mail that feed people biased information, which then affects how they vote, which affects me. But Trump will NOT take a stand against papers like the Express or the Mail because, broadly, they support nationalist policies, like he does.

---------- Post added 21-02-2017 at 13:27 ----------

Sorry, are you saying the Mail and Express are unbiased and accurate in their reporting ? Yes , or no ?

they are as unbiased as all the rest, all the papers have agendas and bias??? just read between the lines

Read their coverage of the Ricky Tomlinson story.

All good knock about stuff with some character assassination thrown in.

But detailed research is missing

When was the 'Reds Under the Bed' programme broadcast?

When was the Shrewsbury 24 trial?

What are the government connections to the programme?

All the media is biased, we ultimately believe what suits our view. Just read articles in the Guardian and the Mail. Correct news different views.

Most newspapers are operating on a shoestring now. Journalists on zero hours, even the Guardian. Reuters has a news section based in India. Has covered some sports events from there from checking on the Internet in the office:D

I agree about quotes, so easy to be taken out of context.

All the media is biased, we ultimately believe what suits our view. Just read articles in the Guardian and the Mail. Correct news different views.

Most newspapers are operating on a shoestring now. Journalists on zero hours, even the Guardian. Reuters has a news section based in India. Has covered some sports events from there from checking on the Internet in the office:D

I agree about quotes, so easy to be taken out of context.

I think that answer is simplistic at best, and plain wrong at worst.

On one level everyone, including journalists, are biased, but The Times is not on the same universe bias-wise as the Mail or Express. Even the Telegraph and its left wing equivalent the Guardian aren`t on the same planet.

So, saying all media is biased (i.e. lumping them all in together) is giving the Express and Mail more kudos (relatively speaking) than they deserve.

I think that answer is simplistic at best, and plain wrong at worst.

On one level everyone, including journalists, are biased, but The Times is not on the same universe bias-wise as the Mail or Express. Even the Telegraph and its left wing equivalent the Guardian aren`t on the same planet.

So, saying all media is biased (i.e. lumping them all in together) is giving the Express and Mail more kudos (relatively speaking) than they deserve.

In what way do you think the Daily Mail is biased ?

In what way do you think the Daily Mail is biased ?

Are you being serious ?

Are you being serious ?

Yes.

Do you read it regularly to form an unbiased opinion ?

Yes.

Do you read it regularly to form an unbiased opinion ?

It's a Right Wing propaganda rag,that's my unbiased opinion.

It's a Right Wing propaganda rag,that's my unbiased opinion.

What are you comparing it against ?

What are you comparing it against ?

Nothing,It is what it is.

Nothing,It is what it is.

But if aren't comparing it against anything how do you know what it prints is biased or right wing ?