Parking side road near to Northern General Hospital

4 years ago was before the hospital started too charge the staff too park.

It has got considerably worse over the last few years.

I have also noticed that not only do staff from NGH park on the side roads but also staff from the Hallamshire hospital park and then catch the H1, again for free, avoiding having to pay to park at their place of work.

Powerage, if you were consulted again, how would you vote?

We don't mind people parking but I have to say a lot of people do park inconsiderately right on junctions making it very hard to see when your pulling onto the main road.

It might be worth talking to the councils parking control department (or whatever it's called)

See if they could come round and do a blitz every so often, ticket all the cars causing obstructions.

You could inquire if it's possible to have double yellows put on the corners of juncitons too.

It might be worth talking to the councils parking control department (or whatever it's called)

See if they could come round and do a blitz every so often, ticket all the cars causing obstructions.

You could inquire if it's possible to have double yellows put on the corners of juncitons too.

The Council can't enforce against people who park too close to junctions unless there is a restriction in place like a double or single yellow line.

Putting in a double yellow line isn't straightforward or cheap. Advertising the legal order costs a couple of grand on it's own. In heavily parked areas, any loss of parking (however dubious a location) can be viewed negatively by residents and objections ensue.

my preferred option would be a bayed parking scheme. isn't there a law that you cant park close too or on a junction. I may be well off the mark there.

So its OK for the residents cars to block street cleaners but not other cars?

Interesting yet highly flawed logic. Unless you life on a wonderful street where, on seeing the street cleaner approaching, you all leave your homes and move your cars to allow them to do their work :D

Yes i do clever-clogs, as does my neighbour.

Thankfully there's not too many houses on my street and only one side of road has houses. So whilst the cleaner is doing its job on the other side, if necessary, we will move our cars on to the driveway.

And i have been in talks with Amey to get them to sweep my road after 7pm because of the inconsiderate hospital scrotes.

Which to their credit they do now, but there is ALWAYS at least one hospital worker car parked somewhere on the road which means large sections of my street and nearby streets remains clogged with leaf mulch & general rubbish.

Last year, we did a street clean ourselves, looks like another one due again.

Yes i do clever-clogs, as does my neighbour.

Thankfully there's not too many houses on my street and only one side of road has houses. So whilst the cleaner is doing its job on the other side, if necessary, we will move our cars on to the driveway.

And i have been in talks with Amey to get them to sweep my road after 7pm because of the inconsiderate hospital scrotes.

Which to their credit they do now, but there is ALWAYS at least one hospital worker car parked somewhere on the road which means large sections of my street and nearby streets remains clogged with leaf mulch & general rubbish.

Last year, we did a street clean ourselves, looks like another one due again.

So you have a drive but park your cars on the road to stop others parking there and you say they are the inconsiderate ones.

So you have a drive but park your cars on the road to stop others parking there and you say they are the inconsiderate ones.

If it's really busy what do you expect the chances of some total git parking across their driveway and blocking their car in??

I feel sorry for the neighbours of the NGH, but the hospital was already there when they moved in. It is a bit like moving next door to a cathedral and complaining about the bells.

In terms of the parking charges. They are fairly reasonable compared to the other hospitals in England, probably because the NGH has such a lot of land they have thousands of spaces to collect revenue and it would be false economy to price everyone out of paying.

Ha Ha this is so funny As if the council or parking control are bothered about anything like this in S5 !!! All they care about is the lovely residents of S10 S11 who have the luxury of resident parking There is even a road in Broomhill that the kind council have put white lines at the bottom of the residents drives so no parking can occur I cant see that happenning around Fairbank Road any time soon

Ha Ha this is so funny As if the council or parking control are bothered about anything like this in S5 !!! All they care about is the lovely residents of S10 S11 who have the luxury of resident parking There is even a road in Broomhill that the kind council have put white lines at the bottom of the residents drives so no parking can occur I cant see that happenning around Fairbank Road any time soon

Have you asked or done any research ?

Knock on the doors of the houses who have said white lines outside and ask them how they got them ?

Just a thought.......

Putting in a double yellow line isn't straightforward or cheap. Advertising the legal order costs a couple of grand on it's own. In heavily parked areas, any loss of parking (however dubious a location) can be viewed negatively by residents and objections ensue.

Really, they did it near one of the Hospitals in Leeds not long ago.

Double yellows on every corner of every street.