Parking side road near to Northern General Hospital

Just because a road is outside your house doesn't give you anymore right to use it than anyone else. It's a public highway and as long as people park considerately and there are no restrictions there is no problem.

Is the correct answer.

I worked there fo 4 years and parked on Hucklow just before the school and had no problem with the residents because (A) I parked correctly (B) I paid my road tax . Has for obstructing the street cleaners if the local community didn't leave 3 piece suites , beds etc on the pavements every week the cleaners services could be used elsewhere :rant: over

the street cleaning machines are never able to clean the roads of rubbish and leaves.

Lack of street cleaning machines is the least of peoples worries in that toilet :gag::gag::gag:

Even if they did such a deal the staff would much rather park for free outside peoples houses, arrogantly half blocking drives, parking fully on pavements, and parking slap bang on a junction.

Worst of all making sure the street cleaning machines are never able to clean the roads of rubbish and leaves.

Sooner the local residents get parking restrictions like Hallamshire the sooner we can reclaim our streets.

So its OK for the residents cars to block street cleaners but not other cars?

Interesting yet highly flawed logic. Unless you life on a wonderful street where, on seeing the street cleaner approaching, you all leave your homes and move your cars to allow them to do their work :D

You could always use public transport. You need not worry about having to park a motor vehicle or the cost implications of doing so. There will also be no inconvenience to local residents.

You could always use public transport. You need not worry about having to park a motor vehicle or the cost implications of doing so. There will also be no inconvenience to local residents.

Local residents dont own the road outside their home.

Hope this helps.

Yes the OP could use public transport, then again they might live two bus rides from the hospital and prefer to make the journey in the comfort of their car in perhaps half the time.

Local residents dont own the road outside their home.

Hope this helps.

I am well aware of this and have not said otherwise.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 11:14 ----------

Yes the OP could use public transport, then again they might live two bus rides from the hospital and prefer to make the journey in the comfort of their car in perhaps half the time.

Indeed. Maybe the OP could answer this for themselves. I merely made a suggestion.

Is this OK with you?

I am well aware of this and have not said otherwise.

I hope this helps.

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 11:14 ----------

Indeed. Maybe the OP could answer this for themselves. I merely made a suggestion.

Is this OK with you?

Fine by me, as a car owner if I was going to where it was extremely difficult to park for free or had to pay exorbitant parking charges I would only then consider PT. In the past I have parked up near a tram stop and used the tram to go into town rather than have the hassle of finding a parking space.

Sooner the local residents get parking restrictions like Hallamshire the sooner we can reclaim our streets.

They were consulted on a permit scheme, but rejected it.

Planner1,

when were the residents consulted on a parking scheme please.

Planner1,

when were the residents consulted on a parking scheme please.

We were consulted about 4 years ago I think trying to remember now I voted no as I have friends in other parking schemes who wish they had never voted for them and why should we have to pay to park on our own streets.

We don't mind people parking but I have to say a lot of people do park inconsiderately right on junctions making it very hard to see when your pulling onto the main road.