Is there a camera on Shepcote lane roundabout?-car acciden

Having been in the exact same situation I can tell you that you will end up being in a 50/50 fault situation. I was on Prince of Wales Rd roundabout, I too was hit, passenger side as the driver of other car was in wrong lane, police attended and even they said " you can tell he was in wrong lane from where he hit you, don't worry".

WRONG, insurers didn't want to know, as it's a roundabout they go for 50/50 in the majority of accidents unless there are witnesses or dash cam footage.I now have a dash cam installed as I will have proof if I ever need it.

Hope your hubby is OK and it is settled as soon as possible.

Not so. I was hit on a roundabout a few years ago. It was his fault and he blamed me, no independent witnesses but after a while I got the decision in court. The district judge simply said after hearing both sides that he preferred my evidence. I wont bore you with all the details but I hope my experience offers you some hope.

I really do wish you well with this.

A couple of years ago my wife had a slight accident on a roundabout in Chesterfield.

She contacted the insurers who informed her while she was on the phone that she was to blame.

While she was explaining her position on the road and that of the other driver the chap on the other end of the phone explained that she may be at fault.

It would appear that they carry out a survey via google earth whilst on the phone and after asking some more questions he clarified that she was to blame.

When she asked me before contacting the insurers I to.d her she was in the wrong.

Not so. I was hit on a roundabout a few years ago. It was his fault and he blamed me, no independent witnesses but after a while I got the decision in court. The district judge simply said after hearing both sides that he preferred my evidence. I wont bore you with all the details but I hope my experience offers you some hope.

I really do wish you well with this.

My claim was settled last year, maybe the rules have changed since your crash. I was advised not to go to court as the majority of roundabout accident claims can only be made if you can show that the other driver was at fault or negligent for the crash.

Get a cheap dash cam you can pick them up cheap now less than 30 quid next time you will have video proof

Having been in the exact same situation I can tell you that you will end up being in a 50/50 fault situation. I was on Prince of Wales Rd roundabout, I too was hit, passenger side as the driver of other car was in wrong lane, police attended and even they said " you can tell he was in wrong lane from where he hit you, don't worry".

WRONG, insurers didn't want to know, as it's a roundabout they go for 50/50 in the majority of accidents unless there are witnesses or dash cam footage.I now have a dash cam installed as I will have proof if I ever need it.

Hope your hubby is OK and it is settled as soon as possible.

Agree roundabout accidents are difficult and are normally settled 50/50

So a lorry drove into my husband car this evening. Other driver is saying its not his failt when there is no doubt about it being his fault. He was an idiot.

Is there a camera on shepcote lane roundabout?

Thanks

Some insurance policies state to not accept fault at the scene of an accident. It may also be the case that it is company policy for the company he works for.