Is there a camera on Shepcote lane roundabout?-car acciden

Did your husband have a camera in his car?

No he doesnt

As for footage, there are quite strict rules and usually release is only upon commencement of legal proceedings with formal disclosure. The details are here...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/crime/cctv/releaseofevidence.html

If you read the linked page, you will note that the traffic cameras do not record, so you can't get footage.

Any cameras that are on there. Tes but if its there insurers that need it. Whats point in having it then!!!! Literally funing as i right this! This person who is a swear word has has wrote off our car and now my husband cant get to work and is denying its his fauot! He wants his head smashing in!

I may be wrong but I think these cameras are to monitor traffic flow and weather conditions.

Don't the camera's only take still images every minute or so?

Unlikely to be of any help really.

You need to push the insurer to get it sorted, but you need to keep calm otherwise your case won't look very good.

Don't the camera's only take still images every minute or so?

Unlikely to be of any help really.

The images that the public see are a still image refreshed periodically, but the Council's operators see live video and can pan/tilt/zoom the cameras as required.

As I mentioned earlier, they don't record the video feeds so there is no possibility of getting footage from traffic cameras.

Yep your right. No camera footage. 2 mens words against eachothers. Great!

Were there no other witnesses in surrounding cars?

Were there no other witnesses in surrounding cars?

None that stopped on such a big roundabout no.

You don't necessarily need camera footage to prove whose driving caused the collision; you can get a lot of evidence from where the drivers claimed they were going, which lane they were in, whether they were indicating or not, the angle and force of impact, etc. And if you've got any independent witnesses at the scene, even better. Good luck with the claim!

You don't necessarily need camera footage to prove whose driving caused the collision; you can get a lot of evidence from where the drivers claimed they were going, which lane they were in, whether they were indicating or not, the angle and force of impact, etc. And if you've got any independent witnesses at the scene, even better. Good luck with the claim!

Having been in the exact same situation I can tell you that you will end up being in a 50/50 fault situation. I was on Prince of Wales Rd roundabout, I too was hit, passenger side as the driver of other car was in wrong lane, police attended and even they said " you can tell he was in wrong lane from where he hit you, don't worry".

WRONG, insurers didn't want to know, as it's a roundabout they go for 50/50 in the majority of accidents unless there are witnesses or dash cam footage.I now have a dash cam installed as I will have proof if I ever need it.

Hope your hubby is OK and it is settled as soon as possible.