Is there a camera on Shepcote lane roundabout?-car acciden

So a lorry drove into my husband car this evening. Other driver is saying its not his failt when there is no doubt about it being his fault. He was an idiot.

Is there a camera on shepcote lane roundabout?

Thanks

Even if there is they don't and can't release pictures for things like this.

Even if there is they don't and can't release pictures for things like this.

What? Ehy????? Then it would prove in 1 second to the insurer who was at fault!!!!

What? Ehy????? Then it would prove in 1 second to the insurer who was at fault!!!!

I assume you meant a SCC camera. It's the good 'ol "data protection" line.

I assume you meant a SCC camera. It's the good 'ol "data protection" line.

Any cameras that are on there. Tes but if its there insurers that need it. Whats point in having it then!!!! Literally funing as i right this! This person who is a swear word has has wrote off our car and now my husband cant get to work and is denying its his fauot! He wants his head smashing in!

Any cameras that are on there. Tes but if its there insurers that need it. Whats point in having it then!!!! Literally funing as i right this! This person who is a swear word has has wrote off our car and now my husband cant get to work and is denying its his fauot! He wants his head smashing in!

considering the time, I'm guessing not much has happened yet as long as it was reported to the police and your chap got photographic evidence of all vehicles especially from when it happened then you just have to let the insurance deal with the rest. maybe he's had problems before which is why he doesn't want to admit fault, or possibly on a strike system from work ?

considering the time, I'm guessing not much has happened yet as long as it was reported to the police and your chap got photographic evidence of all vehicles especially from when it happened then you just have to let the insurance deal with the rest. maybe he's had problems before which is why he doesn't want to admit fault, or possibly on a strike system from work ?

Agree completeley.

....adding of course the third option option that it might not actually be the lorry driver at fault after all.

Agree completeley.

....adding of course the third option option that it might not actually be the lorry driver at fault after all.

My husband was going straight on. Other guy rammed into his side to turn left, spinning my husbands car. My husband was going at a steady pace. So no, it wasnt my husbands fault. My husband is now without a car and cant get to work without it taking 2hrs.

My hubby got photos of our car. The police attended but didnt take statements. Just told them both to exchange details.

Tomorrow im going to have to phone our insurance company. No idea where we go from here. My husband will have to set off 2hrs before his shift starts to get to work. Will take 2hrs to get home. All because of this....

Edited by Chazndave

My husband was going straight on. Other guy rammed into his to turn left. My husband was going at a steady pace. So no, it wasnt my husbands fault. My husband is now without a car and cant get to work!!

My hubby got photos of our car. The police attended but didnt take statements. Just told them both to exchange details.

Tomorrow im going to have to phone our insurance company. No idea where we go from here. My husband will have to set off 2hrs before his shift starts to get to work. Will take 2hrs to get home. All because of this....

Just speak to your insurance company and let them handle it. Liability is for them to deal with.

The police didn't seem to take it further so it cannot have been deemed neglignet or dangerous driving.

As for footage, there are quite strict rules and usually release is only upon commencement of legal proceedings with formal disclosure. The details are here...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/crime/cctv/releaseofevidence.html

Just speak to your insurance company and let them handle it. Liability is for them to deal with.

The police didn't seem to take it further so it cannot have been deemed neglignet or dangerous driving.

As for footage, there are quite strict rules and usually release is only upon commencement of legal proceedings with formal disclosure. The details are here...

https://www.sheffield.gov.uk/in-your-area/report_request/crime/cctv/releaseofevidence.html

Well it was dangerous. Look what happened.

Well it was dangerous. Look what happened.

I dont know what happened.

I am getting one side of a story through YOU. I dont even know if YOU were there yourself so YOU might be getting one side of a story from your husband.

For goodness sake, I am not picking sides, I am just trying to give you some advice and be realistic. What I am trying to get across is that the police obviously dont think that one of the drivers was either driving recklessly, neglignetly, or illegally otherwise they would have took it further.

Its therefore deemed an accident. Whom did what do whom and who pays out is now a matter for the insurers. You just need to contact them and let them get on with what they need to do.

You might be able to get footage to help the process and I have provided a link of how to request the same.

Its a shock. Its inconvenient. Its distressing this has happened.

I get it.