Nut bar in Meadowhell wheres it gone?

It was there on the opening night. Apart from the department stores it must have been one of the longest running businesses in there. Shame it's gone

Meadowhall have been wanting the Nut Bar gone for years. Didnt fit in at all in the location it was at.

Sorry but that sounds like codswallop.

Must have seen it but i cant remember it. I often wonder how the one in the market survives, mind you i wonder how a lot of the stalls manage as a lot dont seem very busy. He has a lot of stock though, so am assuming they must sell quite a lot.

I work with the old chaps grandaughter, he has just retired that's all, one in the market is being run by a family member. Pity about the MH one, always visited when there, wasabi broad beans were great..

Sorry but that sounds like codswallop.

Assuming this wasnt an attempt at a bad pun, why are you doubting me?

Think about the area around where the Nut Bar was and whats happened to it over the past 10 years or so. That row where the butchers and stuff was were forced out to make a row of normal shops

Sainsburys went.

Trust me, the Nut Bar would not have fitted in to the plan for the area and the fact it occupied such a prime location for years will have irked Meadowhall, no doubt it was on a mega long lease which it signed at the start of the life of the shopping centre.

Meadowhall hate independent traders. Look at what has happened to the Lanes since the centre first opened, its about half the size now. They will be jumping for joy now the Nut Bar has finally gone.

Edited by Beligerence

Had to laugh because nutbar is a North American slang term meaning the same as nutter, or nutcase.

Meadowhall was totally fed up with them being there and paying peanuts for a prime location.

I work in Meadowhall but I have no cause to go to that end of the mall so I didn't know it had closed. I never really used it but it does seem like a shame, even though it is kind of strange and random to have a nut shop in a multi million pound shopping mall.

I wonder what it will be replaced by.

I used to go there a lot, especially before Christmas.

I remember when it first opened, along with Crawshaws, the greengrocers, egg stall, fishmongers, wine shop (Oddbins I think) and Pollards café.

Is that bit still called Market Street because I doubt it's anything like a market now :(

Probably because it wasnt making enough money, meadowhall rent is expensive. It was hardly a great idea opening it in the first place, just like that milkshake bar in there.

For a bad idea it was there for an awfully long time.

---------- Post added 07-02-2017 at 07:29 ----------

Meadowhall hate independent traders. Look at what has happened to the Lanes since the centre first opened, its about half the size now. They will be jumping for joy now the Nut Bar has finally gone.

The faceless executives of a huge multinational property owning conglomerate "jumping for joy" at a single small unit being available in 1 property they own...

Somehow I doubt that they care.

I work in Meadowhall but I have no cause to go to that end of the mall so I didn't know it had closed. I never really used it but it does seem like a shame, even though it is kind of strange and random to have a nut shop in a multi million pound shopping mall.

The exact reason that Meadowhall will be glad they have gone. They hate independent retailers (as already said, look how much they have reduced the size of The Lanes by).

They can now get in some chain on a much higher rent.

You attribute a lot of emotion to the board of a company that owns a massive property empire to be directed towards a single unit.

I doubt that the owners of meadowhall know or care who is renting the units.