Nut bar in Meadowhell wheres it gone?

You attribute a lot of emotion to the board of a company that owns a massive property empire to be directed towards a single unit.

I doubt that the owners of meadowhall know or care who is renting the units.

Well lets beg to differ then eh? Meadowhalls attitude to independent retailers is quite clear.

I work in Meadowhall but I have no cause to go to that end of the mall so I didn't know it had closed. I never really used it but it does seem like a shame, even though it is kind of strange and random to have a nut shop in a multi million pound shopping mall.

I wonder what it will be replaced by.

Nutting special;)

Many years ago I worked in the little fruit stall situated near the steps in the side entrance of Castle Market, Jack (I can't remember his surname ) rented that and a larger stall on the ground floor. I found him to be a good boss unlike his obnoxious son Phillip.

On 08/02/2017 at 13:30, rainbow2411 said:

Many years ago I worked in the little fruit stall situated near the steps in the side entrance of Castle Market, Jack (I can't remember his surname ) rented that and a larger stall on the ground floor. I found him to be a good boss unlike his obnoxious son Phillip.

Need to come on here more often ... it was my grandad you worked for  ... dont think I’ve met anyone who’s had a bad word to say about my grandad  

Edited by Jen

On 08/02/2017 at 08:04, Beligerence said:

Well lets beg to differ then eh? Meadowhalls attitude to independent retailers is quite clear.

Well, in the place of the nutbar there's now a small perfume shop and a sweet shop...  Hardly the multinational chains that were predicted.

11 hours ago, Jen said:

Need to come on here more often ... it was my grandad you worked for  ... dont think I’ve met anyone who’s had a bad word to say about my grandad  

Welcome Jen. Don't worry about your grandad, even when someone did say something bad you know better than that. 

That is true - just nice to read something nice about him ... something to pick me up as he isn’t well 

I may be wrong about this because I am thinking back around 50/60 years but I seem to remember a Jack Scholfield buying fruit and veg in Parkway fruit market.

Did he own a fruit and veg shop around the  1960/1970s

You are right ... he was called jack Schofield and had fruit n veg shop ... my grandad has now sadly passed away - on 9-3-19 at the age of 91 

Edited by Jen

There is a good nut bar in the moor market, looks like the same one that was in M/hall!

On 05/02/2020 at 21:37, neilf said:

There is a good nut bar in the moor market, looks like the same one that was in M/hall!

I think it is the same owners as the meadowhall one