Is there anyone here?

hello, I was looking at the dates on the posts, it seems like no one uses this group anymore. the dates are from last summer? am I wrong?

I keep looking hoping someone will post. There have been some posts if you look but not many.

I keep looking too. We must be a boring lot... lol. I suppose sometimes you think what might be of interest to yourself is not to anyone else.What crafts are you interested in karennn? Mine is cardmaking for women preferably as I like to mess with fancy dies and nice paper. That might sound bizarre with my user name but I am female.

Edited by raymond1947

I keep looking too. We must be a boring lot... lol. I suppose sometimes you think what might be of interest to yourself is not to anyone else.What crafts are you interested in karennn? Mine is cardmaking for women preferably as I like to mess with fancy dies and nice paper. That might sound bizarre with my user name but I am female.

Ha ha, I was thinking of you Pat when I posted. We are the only two that ever chat. We will have to meet up at some point seen as you are only in the next village. I have a heavy cold at the moment though, you don't want to catch that!

Are you still making your cards? I have been doing a few classes for mum in law and her friend. I'm showing them how to combine stamping and inking with die cutting. Mum in law was adamant she couldn't stamp or ink but now loves the flexibility. I'm doing cards for teenagers as the next class (at their request).

She logged on about an hour and a half after my reply to her but hasn't made any more posts.

hiya Raymond... its not bizarre sounding, ive seen a few blokes in hobby craft buying the fancy dies. I like making cards but I don't have much patience so I paint and update furniture mainly.

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 10:18 ----------

Where did karennn go

sorry, ive been kinda busy & hectic lately.... might need to search for a Sheffield forum app to keep me upto date with notifications lol

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 10:20 ----------

She logged on about an hour and a half after my reply to her but hasn't made any more posts.

i'm still working out how to reply to posts, so if they seem a bit random or all over the place please forgive me. lol

Its fine Karennn, I thought you had gone, never to be seen again. :D

Quite a few people join then give it up. I'm always busy but I get so many emails that it takes ages to go through them if I don't pop on to sort them for 48 hours. I get a lot of work emails but also a lot of junk that I haven't already directed to my spam mail box.

I think a lot of people use Facebook rather than forums. A lot of crafters I know aren't really into using social media.

I like to cover all styles of papercrafting. If you look at my Pinterest boards you will see what I do. I don't post many of my own photos but you can see what I make by the projects I pin to have a go at.

https://uk.pinterest.com/cheryl2345/

Welcome back karennn. I don't post much on this site but do keep looking. I like the pinterest site and look on there most days. I keep in touch with the forum as you do get to know what's going off and mostly it's quite informative.

Do you have a particular manufacturer of dies you tend to use most? I have a wide selection of styles so don't use one manufacturer. I do tend to have quite a few that fit my stamp sets so they are all Stampin' Up but apart from that I have various styles and makes. Some are lace but I do have mat and layer dies or card shapes ie pop up, three dimensional or kinetic style cards.

Hi Cheryl.....I don't stick to any particular manufacturer as I buy ones that appeal to me. I really have too many but it is a hobby I like so will keep buying as new ones are coming out weekly. The manufacturers have certainly got a good corner of the market as more and more people like to make cards which are much nicer than shop bought ones. I think it is lovely to receive a card that has been made by the sender and always open them first as I know which ones are expected to be so. At the moment I am playing with the create a card dies. I enjoy embossing too.

Hi Pat, I don't buy weekly but I had a reorganise at xmas and realised I have rather a lot. :o I have organised mine into categories ie frames (for mats and layers), lacey, shapes (pictures/images), ones that match stamps and sets of dies that match eg couture. This is just the thin metal dies; Bigz and sizzlits are separate. :hihi:

My embossing folders are split into, SU, non SU and xmas.

My hubby encourages me to buy craft stash so he can watch sport on TV in peace and quiet while I craft. :hihi: