Cycling along Shirecliffe Road

I cycle along this road every night to commute to work it's the quickest route for me but its becoming very dangerous.

It looks fairly wide but car's have real problems passing me when the traffic is heavy from the on-coming side.

There about to resurface this road and I see they have no plans in widening it with a cycle lane which is very much needed on the section between Moonshine and were the college used to be.

Traffic insist's on passing me when it's clearly not safe to do so and I have had many close shaves.

For the cynics out there yes I could use another route but that would add to my journey.

I have 2 point's here and that is for vehicles to pass only when safe to do so because it's a matter of when not if that I get knocked off, another is to take out those oversize grass verge's and put a cycle lane in.

Anyone else travel on a bike up this road at peak time

I would just blame bad drivers like every cyclist do. But then again drivers have to pass a test x2

I would just blame bad drivers like every cyclist do. But then again drivers have to pass a test x2

How many times does it need to be said. Cyclists aren't some mythical group of non-humans who don't have exactly the same, if not more road training an experience than others. The vast majority of cyclists hold a license and will have passed those exact same tests. On top of that they'll likely have additional cycle training and better knowledge of the highway code. So if a cyclist is complaining about bad driving, in my experience, they'll be right 99.9% of the time.

And before we srart the same old balls again, they'll also be paying excise duty on their vehicles and paying council tax which actually pays for roads.

Given that you've said specifically 'bad' drivers, it's not really a stretch to blame them is it.

Nobody ever claimed that all drivers were bad (or that all cyclists were good). :thumbsup:

Roads where not made to allow cyclists apart from the few that that have cycle lanes if it's that bad why not walk the bike on the pavement until the road gets wider

Roads where not made to allow cyclists apart from the few that that have cycle lanes if it's that bad why not walk the bike on the pavement until the road gets wider

^ The problem. RIGHT there

It's true roads where not made for cyclists

+

How many times does it need to be said. Cyclists aren't some mythical group of non-humans who don't have exactly the same, if not more road training an experience than others. The vast majority of cyclists hold a license and will have passed those exact same tests. On top of that they'll likely have additional cycle training and better knowledge of the highway code. So if a cyclist is complaining about bad driving, in my experience, they'll be right 99.9% of the time.

And before we srart the same old balls again, they'll also be paying excise duty on their vehicles and paying council tax which actually pays for roads.

Bla blah blah,

Just get back in your little sad hole and shut up, I wish I could be a qualified cyclist then I would be perfect And if drivers are complaining about bad cyclists then in my view they are 100 percent right....right

P.S if you want to challenge ability , I have also passed my motor bike test and still had to go through thorough tests. Did you as a cyclist ?? And how do you have better knowledge of the highway code than me as a cyclist, please explain I am interested seriously??[. COLOR=Silver]

---------- Post added 11-02-2017 at 21:08 ----------

[/color]

Given that you've said specifically 'bad' drivers, it's not really a stretch to blame them is it.

Nobody ever claimed that all drivers were bad (or that all cyclists were good). :thumbsup:

On this site they do and especially you :hihi:

Edited by local music

If its dangerous, get on the pavement like everyone else.

Closed.

If you want to know why then consult the helpdesk.