Protest at Town Hall... 30/01/2017

You're kind of contradicting yourself. You say they latch on to any cause, then say they didn't protest for the Israeli cause.

Surveys show 49% of Americans support the ban so not over 50%.

You forgot to mention 41% do not support the ban.

Guest makapaka
Why should I? I'm no fan of Trump. I just don't think protesting in the UK will do anything other then make a group of people feel good about themselves. They are the archetypal Ralph Wiggum from the Simpsons with his catch phrase "I'm helping".

Absolutely agree. I'm no fan of trump either but these people are having themselves on to an extent.

How many of the protesters bothered to find out that only 109 people were stopped/detained out of 324,000 passengers ?

How many of the protesters bothered to find out that only 109 people were stopped/detained out of 324,000 passengers ?

couldn't agree more and where were these thousands of sheep , sorry protestors when their own council are closing down dementia respite centres

couldn't agree more and where were these thousands of sheep , sorry protestors when their own council are closing down dementia respite centres

If you didn't organise a protest then aren't you as culpable as anyone else? I went on the Trump protest and I've been on a bamboozling number of protests in my lifetime about loads of things. I have organised protests in Sheffield around welfare reform but they were poorly attended. Maybe you attended one that I organised in about 2006?

I don't organise protests anymore - I realise that I am of a certain age and some of my ideas about what works in terms of protest are old and out of date. I'm really just waiting for a new breed of political activists to emerge and shake things up. It will happen, history repeats itself, I just don't know if it will happen in my lifetime. In the meantime I will attend the protests that appeal to me and that I can fit in around work and childcare. I was pleased to see on Monday that there were lots of young people and it wasn't the usual suspects. I thought that was encouraging and a cause for some optimism rather than a cause for complaining.

Posts and follow ons removed

Any further links or suggestions from users to visit far right hate sites will earn a suspension.

".........................

Edited by harvey19

If you didn't organise a protest then aren't you as culpable as anyone else? I went on the Trump protest and I've been on a bamboozling number of protests in my lifetime about loads of things. I have organised protests in Sheffield around welfare reform but they were poorly attended. Maybe you attended one that I organised in about 2006?

I don't organise protests anymore - I realise that I am of a certain age and some of my ideas about what works in terms of protest are old and out of date. I'm really just waiting for a new breed of political activists to emerge and shake things up. It will happen, history repeats itself, I just don't know if it will happen in my lifetime. In the meantime I will attend the protests that appeal to me and that I can fit in around work and childcare. I was pleased to see on Monday that there were lots of young people and it wasn't the usual suspects. I thought that was encouraging and a cause for some optimism rather than a cause for complaining.

so you only protest about things that appeal to YOU

Me as well.

---------- Post added 01-02-2017 at 14:03 ----------

The situation has been ongoing for months in the local media .

People seem more interested in what goes on in America than under their noses in this City.

Yes despite the prompt, you didn't share details but then complain when people didn't show up.

I STILL don't know what time the demo was. Despite one of its supposed supporters posting here and being prompted.

Well yeah. Isn't that what people do? Protest about the things that they are most passionate about? I don't go on EDL demonstrations because that doesn't appeal to me, it's not in line with what I believe. If someone is organising a protest about cuts to social care and I can go on it I will because that is something I'm passionate about. That's how it works, right?

And the flip side is "You're a rent-a-mob"

So you have it sewn up don't you. Go on one demo and you don't care enough, go on two and you're just a professional protester shouting about any old thing

I know this topic is about the protest in Sheffield

This is not directly about the protest but relevant because it shows to what the protest relates to and what is still to come.

DT loses his temper and angrily slammed the phone down during a phone call with the president of Australia.

If Tmay wants to go to bed with this type of person to safe her from brexit she is making a very big mistake, bigger than brexit itself.

Edited by dutch