Protest at Town Hall... 30/01/2017

I think Trump will turn out good for the USA. The Mexican wall is a sound proposition , maybe we ought to learn from this and rebuild Hadrian's Wall? Trump is telling Americans what the want to hear, a strong deal maker which is what is needed here in the UK. Nobody came close after Thatcher, best PM we have had since Churchill.

So was the Maginot Line.............

The Left in the UK (and across the West) is losing its way, the winner will sadly be UKIP here and Wilders, possibly Le Pen etc in Europe: an example, hundreds have died as a consequence of the Govt's brutal welfare reforms including suicides, but only 20 people supported the 'disabled peoples' protest in Town last November. They have become obsessed with global and identity politics, many of these protests are attended by people who dismiss those who voted leave(i didn't) as 'racists' and 'thicko's'(just look at Guardian comments.) as the U.S liberals do about the rust belts, etc. Basic issues which impact the working class the most like housing are now seen as peripheral while there is something wrong elsewhere in the world. In the 1930's people marched for Spain, helped refugees, etc, but they also organised huge protests against the scourge of unemployment here. It's partly because so much of the liberal left is so very middle class these days.

What about the ones with jobs who don't bother protesting about welfare reforms or is it only unemployed people and those you class as the left who are supposed to be protesting?

" I'm sure Trump is not that bothered about what happens in British towns and cities but May does."

That's too easy. Any British politician would say the same.

It's what she say's and does that matters and I'm not impressed with her recent performance.

Spot on 'gamezone07'.

The left are lost at the moment they need to get their act together.

She's a headcase. Good and proper. And she is only just getting started.

yeah lets protest about an american president that the americans have voted for !!!!

meanwhile in our own country housing is becoming increasingly unaffordable, nhs is steadily going down the toilet and everyones pocket is about to get abit of a battering, we struggle with low wages and job security and lets not forget homelessness is on the rise/still a large problem

but come on its crazy to protest about those things because their our problems we should protest about whats happening 3000 miles away.

as already said the problem i find is all these do gooder protesters are snobby middle class people and kids that have never had to deal with any real life problems, as none of the above issues affect them so they aren't worth protesting about.

...a protest here won't make a difference. He probably doesn't even know it's happening,

Does it matter if he knows about it or not?

The protest is not "against Donald Trump being the President" or "against Donald Trump doing x,y,z"

The protest is against the BRITISH PRIME MINISTER inviting him on a State visit, as opposed to just a regular political visit.

So it really matters not that Trump is in a different country and probably couldn't put a pin in Sheffield on a map because the protest is not directed towards him.

And no, I didn't go. I passed by to have a look but I am not keen on riding a wave of anti-Trumpism; the world's problems are not the fault of one man and I abhor the wailing about "missing Obama" given the people that have died and the refugees that have been created during Obama's terms

yeah lets protest about an american president that the americans have voted for !!!!

meanwhile in our own country housing is becoming increasingly unaffordable, nhs is steadily going down the toilet and everyones pocket is about to get abit of a battering, we struggle with low wages and job security and lets not forget homelessness is on the rise/still a large problem

All the bitter Sheffieldforum folk moan about those protests as well

All the bitter Sheffieldforum folk moan about those protests as well

Thats unfortunate, and all the useless sheffieldforum folk that have nothing to add to any discussion just call people with different views/opinions bitter.

The march of the minority. While the rest of us just get on with life.

Does it matter if he knows about it or not?

The protest is not "against Donald Trump being the President" or "against Donald Trump doing x,y,z"

The protest is against the BRITISH PRIME MINISTER inviting him on a State visit, as opposed to just a regular political visit.

I'm sure that's right for a lot of people, but I also think for some it's about bolstering the protesters in the USA and helping them feel that they're not on their own. They have a real job on their hands trying to protect their neighbours, their national parks and natural environment, so anything that we can do to help them keep their chins up is good.

The Left in the UK (and across the West) is losing its way, the winner will sadly be UKIP here and Wilders, possibly Le Pen etc in Europe: an example, hundreds have died as a consequence of the Govt's brutal welfare reforms including suicides, but only 20 people supported the 'disabled peoples' protest in Town last November. They have become obsessed with global and identity politics, many of these protests are attended by people who dismiss those who voted leave(i didn't) as 'racists' and 'thicko's'(just look at Guardian comments.) as the U.S liberals do about the rust belts, etc. Basic issues which impact the working class the most like housing are now seen as peripheral while there is something wrong elsewhere in the world. In the 1930's people marched for Spain, helped refugees, etc, but they also organised huge protests against the scourge of unemployment here. It's partly because so much of the liberal left is so very middle class these days.

Very right. Its an case of it doesn't effect me so don't care but yet an foreign President can stir emotions.

I'm sure that's right for a lot of people, but I also think for some it's about bolstering the protesters in the USA and helping them feel that they're not on their own. They have a real job on their hands trying to protect their neighbours, their national parks and natural environment, so anything that we can do to help them keep their chins up is good.

not much showing on google for amercians protest about brexit …………………….

It wont make a blind bit of difference how many demonstration they have Trump will continue with his policy the the people of the USA voted for.

Spot on, same as Brexit .They need to get over it and move on.