Trump's travel ban..

Change the Record, Melt, there's a good lad. Gun control is a political matter to be decided State by State. One trick suits all won't work in a country of 50 States. My own State of Cinnecticut along with most of the New England States have very strict gun laws, but if, for instance, you wants to feel a bit safe in Chicago, you'd be well advised to have the nonce to use a handgun someday. In Britain's tight single basic Police Force in a small comparative area its a doddle. Bear in mind that England was so in trouble with pistols they took guns out of the policeman's hands, and made if certain death for you if you killed a cop. Strange by American thinking but it sure worked

say all that you like but the biggest threat to americans is other americans, there is no getting away from it. its not people from somalia, iran, iraq, libya etc its other americans, they have killed more americans every year.

so to say this travel ban is to protect americans is complete and utter tosh.

---------- Post added 10-02-2017 at 10:16 ----------

Judges 3-1 Trump

Trump is distracted by Nordstrom and Ivankas clothes,and the judges take advantage of his confusion to run through and score again.:hihi:

ive just read its 3-0 fella Oo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38927175

this bit sprung out at me

Donald Trump's lawyers did not make their case. In fact, according to three 9th Circuit judges, they did not even really try to make their case. Rather than explaining why the temporary travel ban was needed, the administration argued that the president's authority on immigration was so sweeping that they did not have to explain why the order was necessary.

again they come across as arrogent, self centred, im in charge so listen to me types :suspect: they deserve to lose, every single time.

and / or they didnt really know why the travel ban was really needed as they made it up :hihi:

Edited by melthebell

Trump is convinced he's going to score the next goal on immigration.

The irony being the US is a nation of immigrants, that`s why it`s the most powerful countries on earth. Immigrants are better motivated and work harder....... That`s why so many at the bottom of the UK economy voted for Brexit, they can`t compete with immigrants, they`re too bleedin` lazy !

The ultimate irony is that Trump is from immigrant stock, his father was of German ancestry and his mother Scottish.

i guess you may be right but what is wrong with being straight and doing what he promised

I don't think there's anything wrong with it... he did state his intentions clearly!

I don't think there's anything wrong with it... he did state his intentions clearly!

It would be wrong if he promised something that he didn't have the authority to deliver.

It would be wrong if he promised something that he didn't have the authority to deliver.

That's another separate issue!

well hes already scored an own goal lol, he needs to get it back level :P

say all that you like but the biggest threat to americans is other americans, there is no getting away from it. its not people from somalia, iran, iraq, libya etc its other americans, they have killed more americans every year.

so to say this travel ban is to protect americans is complete and utter tosh.

---------- Post added 10-02-2017 at 10:16 ----------

ive just read its 3-0 fella Oo

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-38927175

this bit sprung out at me

again they come across as arrogent, self centred, im in charge so listen to me types :suspect: they deserve to lose, every single time.

and / or they didnt really know why the travel ban was really needed as they made it up :hihi:

I couldn"t agree with you more. Of course its Americans killing Americans. We atre fully aware that its true. But imagining it can be stopped as if it were Britain. It cannot. Democracy has no Official Secrets Act, no putting people in jail for disagreement with the status quo. Its your vote or mine. Somewhere at this time, almost half the voting public made a gross error, the same as the gross error of believing owning a gun will keep you alive. As a retired member of the Royal Navy I am fully trained in weaponry and am a good shot. I have taught my sons to shoot and one of them, Dave, fought in Iraq and was wounded there. But he has no gun now. If he lived in Texas he would be better off to own one, but not here in Connecticut.

I couldn"t agree with you more. Of course its Americans killing Americans. We atre fully aware that its true. But imagining it can be stopped as if it were Britain. It cannot. Democracy has no Official Secrets Act, no putting people in jail for disagreement with the status quo. Its your vote or mine. Somewhere at this time, almost half the voting public made a gross error, the same as the gross error of believing owning a gun will keep you alive. As a retired member of the Royal Navy I am fully trained in weaponry and am a good shot. I have taught my sons to shoot and one of them, Dave, fought in Iraq and was wounded there. But he has no gun now. If he lived in Texas he would be better off to own one, but not here in Connecticut.

You are absolutely right about the gun laws. It's not the law that's really the problem, it's a culture thing, but perhaps a law massively restricting ownership will kick start that culture change? Other countries (Canada, Switzerland off the top of my head) have similar gun ownership levels to the US yet have a tiny proportion of the gun crime, that's what needs to be addressed. Anyway, slightly O/T now...

The post election (Hitler type) rallies have begun. He is an expert in the art of marketing his product. I only hope he continues to attract people to his cohort who have no competence in anything else, such as law.