Trump's travel ban..

I read today they stopped a British soldier who holds the VC for three hours, he was one of several guests of honour at a veterans function which he duly missed. He says he believes it was because he had Iraq on his passport, he told them that he had been there in the army fighting and was only let in when he kicked up a fuss. Bet Trump would soon be moaning if countries stopped American heroes entering a country for several hours.

When trump comes to the UK on the state visit I'd detain his orange ass for 12 hours and see how he likes it.

I read today they stopped a British soldier who holds the VC for three hours, he was one of several guests of honour at a veterans function which he duly missed. He says he believes it was because he had Iraq on his passport, he told them that he had been there in the army fighting and was only let in when he kicked up a fuss. Bet Trump would soon be moaning if countries stopped American heroes entering a country for several hours.

The way I read it was that most of the 3 hours involved getting his bags and reaching the front of the correct queue.

Long delays at US immigration are not unusual. I have waited around 2 hours more than once.

In the reported occasion, things would have been made a lot worse by the enhanced scrutiny going on.

The report implies that it took 20 or 30 minutes to deal with the immigration officer, which again is not unusual. I've been through a lot quicker than this, but have also been delayed this long several times.

All the reasons given in the articles appear to be supposition. I feel sorry for him, but I can't get over-excited.

Take a few moments from your rant to get a towel and wipe the spite from your mouth. You'll feel much better for it. 300,000,000 of us can't all be wrong, including many airmen in Lincolnshire who failed that last moment after bombing Germany.

We`ve just come back from holiday. The Americans we met were embarrassed by Trump, but they were great anyway because I`m pretty certain that most Americans who travel are not the type who tended to vote for Trump. In the UK it`s the same with Brexit.

Not all Americans are thick, obviously, but quite a few are, a fair percentage voted for Trump let`s remember. Let me be clear, any American who is in favour of this travel ban, but also against gun control, is thick.

Edited by Justin Smith

The first duty of every leader is to protect citizens so halting, albeit temporarily, free travel to and from particularly unstable places is a sound measure that most people support. Its one of the things he campaigned on.

The first duty of every leader is to protect citizens so halting, albeit temporarily, free travel to and from particularly unstable places is a sound measure that most people support. Its one of the things he campaigned on.

Has theresa May done the same? Is she putting us at risk by not doing so? What about the germans, french and spansih? Are they at mercy of the hoards of hethans coming from muslim countries?

it DOESNT protect people in the slightest, it gives lslamic radicals yet another reason to hate america and use as a propaganda tool to groom more young folks to help their cause, surely that type of thing has more of a chance of hurting americans? especially when ones already in the US get radicalised and decide to act?

Its not like theres plane loads of rebels heading to the US with AK47s and bombs strapped to them.

In fact the biggest threat to US citizens is other US citizens and the lack of gun controls

it DOESNT protect people in the slightest, it gives lslamic radicals yet another reason to hate america and use as a propaganda tool to groom more young folks to help their cause, surely that type of thing has more of a chance of hurting americans? especially when ones already in the US get radicalised and decide to act?

Its not like theres plane loads of rebels heading to the US with AK47s and bombs strapped to them.

In fact the biggest threat to US citizens is other US citizens and the lack of gun controls

Change the Record, Melt, there's a good lad. Gun control is a political matter to be decided State by State. One trick suits all won't work in a country of 50 States. My own State of Cinnecticut along with most of the New England States have very strict gun laws, but if, for instance, you wants to feel a bit safe in Chicago, you'd be well advised to have the nonce to use a handgun someday. In Britain's tight single basic Police Force in a small comparative area its a doddle. Bear in mind that England was so in trouble with pistols they took guns out of the policeman's hands, and made if certain death for you if you killed a cop. Strange by American thinking but it sure worked

Has theresa May done the same? Is she putting us at risk by not doing so? What about the germans, french and spansih? Are they at mercy of the hoards of hethans coming from muslim countries?

None of us know what intelligence reports are being supplied to different governments.

---------- Post added 09-02-2017 at 21:32 ----------

I bet more people are killed by cars.

Judges 3-1 Trump

Trump is distracted by Nordstrom and Ivankas clothes,and the judges take advantage of his confusion to run through and score again.:hihi:

Guest makapaka

I agree. The authorities have done their best to have us running scared from extremists for 15 years now whilst pouring fuel on the flames at the same time.

Judges 3-1 Trump

Trump is distracted by Nordstrom and Ivankas clothes,and the judges take advantage of his confusion to run through and score again.:hihi:

This.

It's all very well the xenophobic gob-frothers wetting their knickers in glee that the Trumpet is keeping this pre-election promise, but didn't the Trumpet also promise to bring American jobs back to America and give them to Americans?

Has the Trumpet done anything to action that yet?

Or is harassing foreigners and promoting the Trumpet's business interests more important than giving American people jobs?

This.

It's all very well the xenophobic gob-frothers wetting their knickers in glee that the Trumpet is keeping this pre-election promise, but didn't the Trumpet also promise to bring American jobs back to America and give them to Americans?

Has the Trumpet done anything to action that yet?

Or is harassing foreigners and promoting the Trumpet's business interests more important than giving American people jobs?

Wait a bit,you can't build Rome in a day,or a wall round Mexico for that matter,and it's hard to give America more jobs when they were saying they had reached 'full employment' before he got to be CEO,but just in case there are some more jobless,Abe is arriving with a sackfull of cash to build new railroads and stuff for infrastructure,they might even hold hands.