Sign in to follow this  

Laser eye correction - is it expensive or what?

Just seen this advert on tv..£395 per eye..who can afford that??? I could get one eye done and leave the other...but at the risk of the clinic thinking i was a tight get

I don't think it's that expensive. Consider how much you spend on glasses............four or five pairs of glasses and you break even.

i just dont fancy laying down and having one of those high powered lasers in my eyes...if theres a mistake the most precious of your senses has gone...and...i dont wear glasses

i just dont fancy laying down and having one of those high powered lasers in my eyes...if theres a mistake the most precious of your senses has gone...and...i dont wear glasses
If you don't wear glasses why would you want to have laser treatment on your eyes? :confused:

well you never know how you will be in the future..i have near perfect eyesight now but 20 years from now who knows...and....if it came to the crunch i think maybe i would prefer the discomfort of wearing those than any medical treatment...i cant stand hospitals.i hardly ever go to the doctors..i cant stand the thought of having an operation...i feel sorry for those that have to

Do you require any other quotes for random ailments you may or may not get in the future?

no but you can give me a quote for digging my garden over if you like

well you never know how you will be in the future..i have near perfect eyesight now but 20 years from now who knows...and....if it came to the crunch i think maybe i would prefer the discomfort of wearing those than any medical treatment...i cant stand hospitals.i hardly ever go to the doctors..i cant stand the thought of having an operation...i feel sorry for those that have to
The price is coming down all the time so if and when your eyesight does start to fail then you may be able to afford it at some point in the future.

I know quite a few people who have had it done with no problems. Apparently its painless and is just a slightly odd feeling rather than a discomfort.

I don't find wearing glasses a discomfort at all so i wouldn't worry about that.

And on a final note.......people don't have to have the laser treatment .....they choose to.

They have to cut around the lens of the eyeball and flap it over before doing it - that'd put me off for starters.

maybe...but i would choose not to...and i do know of instances where its gone wrong

dont ever do that...life is the greatest gift we have ever been given...its a million times better than winning the lottery