Blue Vauxhall Vectra on Dykes Hall Road

anyone know who the blue Vauxhall Vectra parked at the bottom of dykes hall belongs to?its been there about 3 days now parked on double yellow lines causing an obstruction.Police were informed but its not been removed..

It's been there at least a week - every time I walk past there seems to be an extra parking notice added to the windscreen......

Think they have to put either 3 or 5 parking notices on before they can removed

Think they have to put either 3 or 5 parking notices on before they can removed

I saw on a programme a while back where they did this making local residents very annoyed. Surely if a car is causing an obstruction that could lead to an accident then the police can have it towed out of the way. Bet if you parked illegally on double yellows in the middle of town it would not be there as long.

Phone the council and report it as abandoned (as it probably is).

They should come and scoop it up (they will probably try and pass the buck onto the police first though)

In South Yorkshire, your local Council is responsible for arranging the removal of abandoned vehicles on public land. Please us the contact details below.

Sheffield: http://www.sheffield.gov.uk/abandonedvehicles

An obstruction, so they clamp it!

Could it have been clamped by dvla for not being taxed etc ?

Could it have been clamped by dvla for not being taxed etc ?

Quite possibly, often the council will contact the DVLA in the hope they will take the car and save them the hassle.

You can check it's Tax, MOT and insurance status online for free.

or if you have a smartphone there are apps that do it all as well.

The owner is not known or it would be solved already. I sold a car for cash years ago and the buyer said he would take care of everything at the licensing office. A few weeks later, I got a visit from the cops, it had been abandoned and I was still listed as the owner. To add to that it had been used in the commission of a crime before being dumped. Never heard any more . This sounds very familiar.