Sheffield Peregrine Falcons 2017

I have just seen the splendid sight of two peregrines engaged in close-quarter aerobatics in the sky by the Hallamshire Hospital - sometimes quite near my office window. The display went on for 20 minutes or so. I assume it was a territorial fight? It certainly looked aggressive.

The birds often come and perch on the roof here and I have seen the juveniles brought by a parent on a 'tour' of the territory but this was the most spectacular sighting yet.

I have just seen the splendid sight of two peregrines engaged in close-quarter aerobatics in the sky by the Hallamshire Hospital - sometimes quite near my office window. The display went on for 20 minutes or so. I assume it was a territorial fight? It certainly looked aggressive.

The birds often come and perch on the roof here and I have seen the juveniles brought by a parent on a 'tour' of the territory but this was the most spectacular sighting yet.

Probably mum/dad learning the juveniles to hunt.

Probably mum/dad learning the juveniles to hunt.

I have just seen a pair of peregrines engaged in an aerobatic display near Oaking Clough (Redmires). Looking online, the behaviour closely resembled pictures/videos of two males fighting.

I hope the gamekeepers out there don't get 'em...

There is a Peregrine on the Sheffield perch now as I write.:) I like the full screen shots.