Fuller's Earth Cream

Probably one for people of a "certain age" :hihi:

Dies anyone know where in Sheffield/ Chesterfield you can buy Fuller's Earth cream? Can't seem to find any anywhere other than importing from America!

I had a look and its out of stock, which made me suspicious it had been discontinued. Further looking suggests they revranded and it is now called metanium and targeted as a nappy rash product. the easy way to chck is to look at the ingredients or ask the chemist.

They have it at Asda Boots Sainsburys Tesco, but you should check beforehand or ask your chemist or order online.

http://www.metanium.co.uk/

Or you could email them and check its the same.

Rare to hear the phrase "Fuller's Earth" these days!

I recall my late father using it on occasion...but I can't remember in what context.

I seem to remember that (one of?) its uses was in the manufacturing of handkerchiefs?

Would that be right?

We used Fullers Earth for decontamination in the event of chemical attacks most servicemen at the time would dread the blot, bang, rub, as that would mean the poo had hit the fan, and you were likely contaminated. That meant you would have to use the blot, bang rub technique with fullers earth pads and squeezable dispensers to decontaminate their kit

Edited by hotrock

I remember the saying referring to someone who was confused - "he doesn't know whether he's on this earth or Fullers" :hihi::hihi:

I remember the saying referring to someone who was confused - "he doesn't know whether he's on this earth or Fullers" :hihi::hihi:

That's the one!

Cheers for reminding me!

My mum used to buy the powder form and use it to make a face mask - it was a sort of grey clay colour and meant to draw out impurities I think.

I bought some fullers earth recently on ebay, I presume that you can also get the cream.

Try the wicker Herbalists On Surrey St.

Diagonally across the road from the back of the Town Hall.

....................wonderful cream. if you can't get it Sudacrem is a very good second best!

Many thanks for all your comments, Forum Hive Mind :-)

Especially 999Tigger. I'll check that out and let you all know.