Has Sheffield Forum ground to a halt?

Just noticed that the first page of General Discussions now covers 7 days; from today, Friday 27th January, right back to Friday 20th January. Used to be that one day's posts would fill the entire page and then some, today there have only been posts on 10 threads and it's well past midday.

I've never known things so slow on Sheffield Forum. Why is that?

A while back their was an thread on a similar subject I said then that Internet forums are not has popular. I don't think this forum does too bad but have noticed its not has busy as it once was. The Internet has so many other things to watch or join that were not around when this forum came online . It would be a shame if this forum went given the amount of information about Sheffield that can not be replaced like people's memories but it costs to host eventually if things get to the point no one is hardly using this forum then I suspect a rethink will happen.

Edited by crookedspire

I think it is going ok, there don't seem to be as many stupid keyboard warriors that there was a few months back.... very few posters these days are on my 'ignored' list.

I think that is puts people off posting a thread or a comment when you see people getting absue or just negative comments theres no need sometimes

Yes.

It needs a massive shakeup and needs a change. Its all well and good saying Facebook has done this and that but why has the forum gone to crap and what can you do to change it and make things better?

A while back their was an thread on a similar subject I said then that Internet forums are not has popular. I don't this forum does too bad but have noticed its not has busy as it once was. The Internet has so many other things to watch or join that were not around when this forum came online . It would be a shame if this forum went given the amount of information about Sheffield that can not be replaced like people's memories but it costs to host eventually if things get to the point no one is hardly using this forum then I suspect a rethink will happen.

I agree I have been on the Forum since around 2004 ish its definitely no where near as busy as it once was I used to be quite active once but not so now I dont really know what the answer is.

I think it is going ok, there don't seem to be as many stupid keyboard warriors that there was a few months back.... very few posters these days are on my 'ignored' list.

I think 'keyboard warriors' have done a lot of harm who wants to post on the forum then get jumped on for the most stupid of reasons?

Could it be that a lot of things have already been discussed, without conclusion, and keep coming round again?

I do agree that there are some unpleasant posters who go in for personal attacks, and that puts people off.

It would be a great shame if it slowly declines, as it is still one of the best forums around.

SF's future is as a classified ads site. As a discussion site it's a pale shadow of its former self. If it wasn't for the revolving door of the same old faces propping up the echo chamber, and the hardy souls still batting them about, it'd be dust and tumbleweed.

Maybe Sheffield Forum is boring because Sheffield is boring.

We have nothing to write about, because nothing exciting ever happens here.

I blame t'council.

Perhaps we need some more gun-related violence, like what happens in Shottingham, or Gunchester, or Dirty L**ds, or Miseryside.

Maybe Sheffield Forum is boring because Sheffield is boring.

We have nothing to write about, because nothing exciting ever happens here.

Well, having little to grab the attention would certainly go some way to account for the collective pearl clutching at the sight of women over a size 8 wearing tight leggings or a pair of pyjama bottoms in public. The horror!

As for the rest of it, it's boring because it's mainly a handful of dull Poundland Piers Morons wittering about whatever Farage and/or the Daily Mail have farted out that day.

It has certainly slowed down a lot. The quality and quantity of debates is certainy much lower than it used to be. There are a number of overlapping reasons for this, but discussing some of them will just lead to the thread being closed.

I started this thread a couple of years ago, to find out why people joined in the first place.. The wide range of reasons and the quality of the posters is striking. I'm not sure that would be the same if I started the thread now.