Rotherham Abuse

2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians are roughly 7% of the population.

I don't understand that. Firstly, why could the race only be identified in 940 out of 2,379 people. Also, of those 940, the race of 32% of them were unknown. Surely they shouldn't be counted in the 940 then..

Those figures actually suggest that they could only determine the race of 640 people out for 2,379, which is around 27%. Why is that?

I don't understand that. Firstly, why could the race only be identified in 940 out of 2,379 people. Also, of those 940, the race of 32% of them were unknown. Surely they shouldn't be counted in the 940 then..

Those figures actually suggest that they could only determine the race of 640 people out for 2,379, which is around 27%. Why is that?

Maybe not all of the 2,379 potential offenders were arrested so they were not processed and their race was not logged.

Maybe not all of the 2,379 potential offenders were arrested so they were not processed and their race was not logged.

I've found the report. It just states that 1,162 individuals were excluded from analysis due to a lack of any basic information about them. It also states that they got some of the information from the victims themselves where no offender had been identified.

For 9% they were not even able to identify the gender of the offender

I find this to be so sickening and infuriating that I can't watch or read about it any more.

2011 study by the Child Exploitation and Online Protection Centre looked at the 2,379 potential offenders caught grooming girls since 2008. Of 940 suspects whose race could be identified, 26% were Asian, 38% were white and 32% were recorded as unknown. Asians are roughly 7% of the population.

However...

"Young vulnerable girls migrate to the night-time economy, where they come across taxi drivers and people working in takeaways, who are more likely to be Asian. It is better to focus on the professions of offenders, not their race or religion."

Personally I think the second statement is an attempt to understate the issue as any other group would not look to see if there was a larger correlation with the offenders job rather then their ethnicity. The search for whether these men are of Pakistani origin is misrepresentative also, as Asian does not Pakistani and appears to be an attempt to muddy the waters.

ref: https://www.theguardian.com/uk/2013/may/14/child-grooming-sexual-abuse-race

Thanks for that. So most offenders are NOT 'asian' but they are way over represented so does indicate an issue, whether that is because they are more likely to come across vulnerable girls guess to working in the 'night economy' or cultural issues etc.

At least we have numbers and facts now rather than anecdotal evidence.

I've found the report. It just states that 1,162 individuals were excluded from analysis due to a lack of any basic information about them. It also states that they got some of the information from the victims themselves where no offender had been identified.

For 9% they were not even able to identify the gender of the offender

Wouldn't surprise me if the data was once available, but has been destroyed in the past, or statements changed to remove certain references about the accused offender. There was plenty of news stories about mass shredding of files in the middle of the last decade that only came to light after the Jay report.

Anyone who's Asian but not from the offenders' countries or religion must feel heartily sick of the hide-all word 'Asian' being used to camouflage the culprits' nationality/ethnicity.

Wouldn't surprise me if the data was once available, but has been destroyed in the past, or statements changed to remove certain references about the accused offender. There was plenty of news stories about mass shredding of files in the middle of the last decade that only came to light after the Jay report.

The shredding of official files relating to the industrial torture and abuse of children in Rotherham is still occurring by the police as well:

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/697588/Rotherham-abuse-scandal-South-Yorkshire-Police-missing-grooming-CSE-evidence

What compounds this is that there are allegations that police officers in Rotherham were involved in the sick sex ring:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3463517/Police-took-Rotherham-child-sex-abuse-ignored-pleas-victims-claimed-IPCC-watchdog-says-probing-194-complaints-scandal.html

---------- Post added 02-02-2017 at 22:37 ----------

Result.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38845332

I'm not vindictive, but I sincerely hope that those convicted are suitably punished in jail.

An ex-council boss who forced teenagers to engage in sex acts to get grant payments has been jailed for 16 years.

I was listening to the report on radio four, how are the council meant to take action if the people involved do not go to the police, and press charges?

Can a council dismiss someone, without proof, which would mean a court case.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-south-yorkshire-38857036

The most shocking thing is that it has been going on for decades. Was happening when I was in Sheffield over 25 years ago.

glad they have been brought to justice

but it wont stop here

There has been some very dodgy people in local Government .lets hope they are not still around.