The guy in the doorway .

I'm in my doorway tonight curled up in my sleeping bag and cardboard the air is cold been an winters night.

People go pass me not noticing my doorway home I hear people talking about their lives and what's for tea tonight. I look down at my half eaten sandwich that I'm trying to stretch for another meal along with my cold coffee . No one notices me as they go about their lives Im just another guy in an doorway.

It wasn't always like this you know I once had a place that I called home but life delt me an unkind blow the factory closed then I lost my home an shop doorway is my home now.

I get further down in sleeping bag it's an cold one tonight I must look an sight but not many look at my doorway home.

Remember anyone can up been a guy in an doorway becoming homeless is an closer reality than one might think.

Really enjoyed reading this, during this week they announced that services had been cut by 20% to helping the vulnerable in society, shocking is all I can say, you may want to read my poem called Beryl and I wrote one called homeless.. keep up the sterling work!

Really enjoyed reading this, during this week they announced that services had been cut by 20% to helping the vulnerable in society, shocking is all I can say, you may want to read my poem called Beryl and I wrote one called homeless.. keep up the sterling work!

Thank you I will have a look at your poem.