Hit and run this morning 23/1/17

please did anyone witness this incident. it happened at the bottom of granville road. the driver drove off leaving my pregnant daughter at the scene. any information would be appreciated. thank you.

OMG that is disgusting. Any more details on what car etc ?

Hope your Daughter is not too distraught.

i will update when i find out more information thanks.

---------- Post added 23-01-2017 at 10:11 ----------

small dark blue car possibly yaris or similar newish car possible damage to front passenger wing, door and wheel. if anyone sees damaged car of similar description that wasn't damaged yesterday possibly parked at work now or at their home please get in touch. thank you.

i take it youve informed the police they may have got the car on CCTV either the colleges /supertram/mcdonalds or the traffic cameras that are on the roundabout

You should report it to police on 101. I know from past experience that there is CCTV at that location. The only issue would be if they are not pointed in the right direction.

She will need an incident number for insurance purposes anyway.

Hope your daughter is ok.

I have to drive down Granville Road every day. At the bottom, the left lane is for going straight ahead or left to queens road. the right lane is for straight on to St Marys only. However lots of people in the right hand lane turn left towards Queen's road and cause all sorts of chaos and accidents.

I used to think it is people trying to skip the queue in the left lane but you can tell which ones are the queue jumpers because they at least look and make sure they aren't going to crash into anyone before they turn left. I think the road markings are the issue as the people turning left from the right hand lane seem oblivious they are doing anything wrong.

Please can people get on to the council to complain and get them to improve the signage. I've emailed them many times but had no response.

She will need an incident number for insurance purposes anyway.

I got the impression the "victim" was a pedestrian rather than a motorist? :confused:

It was me that was involved in the accident. Supertramp explained perfectly what happened. I drive this way to work every day and see this happen all the time but on this occasion wasn't prepared for the other car to hit me due to paying attention to the school children crossing the road. It was reported to the police straightaway who said they were going to check the cctv and send me a letter if they could trace who the driver was. For now I'm stuck without a car because I can't afford to pay to get the damage repaired and my insurance has a £600 excess to pay so I'm stuck in limbo hoping that the police can find out who it was. I just want everyone to be aware that is driving down that road that what Supertramp said is completely right, I have seen it so many times. I have no idea why people think that the right hand lane is to turn left though, it is fairly obvious that the lane is for straight on only.

Shouldn't turn left from right hand lane, you'll be telling us next not to turn right from the left hand lane :huh::roll:

Many moons ago, I was in the queues of traffic waiting at the traffic lights to join Park Square roundabout coming from Blonk Street along Exchange Place (?). At the time I think there were six lanes at the lights. The lights turned to green and a car in the furthest right hand lane set off and managed to cross all five lanes on his inside and head up the Parkway :loopy:

To say there was a chorus of cars horns is an understatement :hihi:

Hope you are not too traumatised trac87 and that police can help you out, and get that idiot off the roads.

I know it does not help but cars can be repaired/replaced, you can't. All the very best wishes for the future and your new little one :thumbsup:

For now I'm stuck without a car because I can't afford to pay to get the damage repaired and my insurance has a £600 excess to pay

You may be able to claim via the MIB due to an untraced or uninsured driver. I do a lot of work for the MIB, either give them a call or ask your insurance company how to go about starting a claim. Here is their link:

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/

---------- Post added 25-01-2017 at 15:00 ----------

Sorry, just realised you cannot call them direct any more. You need to ask your insurance company about claiming via MIB. There is information on the website I gave you though. Hope you can get some help repairing the car. I hate uninsured drivers!

You may be able to claim via the MIB due to an untraced or uninsured driver. I do a lot of work for the MIB, either give them a call or ask your insurance company how to go about starting a claim. Here is their link:

https://www.mib.org.uk/making-a-claim/claiming-against-an-uninsured-driver/

It was me that was involved in the accident. Supertramp explained perfectly what happened. I drive this way to work every day and see this happen all the time but on this occasion wasn't prepared for the other car to hit me due to paying attention to the school children crossing the road. It was reported to the police straightaway who said they were going to check the cctv and send me a letter if they could trace who the driver was. For now I'm stuck without a car because I can't afford to pay to get the damage repaired and my insurance has a £600 excess to pay so I'm stuck in limbo hoping that the police can find out who it was. I just want everyone to be aware that is driving down that road that what Supertramp said is completely right, I have seen it so many times. I have no idea why people think that the right hand lane is to turn left though, it is fairly obvious that the lane is for straight on only.

If you take a look next time there is a lane marking (i.e. dashed line) just in front of the stop line at the bottom of granville road that angles the right hand lane towards Queens Road. That is what I have asked the council to remove and also clearly mark the right lane as going 'straight ahead only'.

The other problem is the bottom of Granville Roads angles towards Queens Road so people may think that Straight Ahead is Queens road?

All this is conjecture really, I have no idea why people do it. But its not queue jumping mainly as described above, queue jumpers know they are doing something wrong and therefore take care to find a gap. These people are oblivious.