Tortoise Advise please

Hi need a bit of advice if anyone as a tortoise?

Would really appreciate a list of good foods

bad foods.

ive searched internet but cant find a simple can eat cant Eat plan :-o

i know most Foods but would like a few more ideas tips treats :)

Thank you for reading.

Get in touch with John and Cindy at The Snake Shop at atterrcliffe different breeds need different foods they know all about them and will advise you without trying to rip you off

We bought him from there :)

Give us paper work and sheets ect ect ect all about the Breed

but want to know reallly trests and what weeds there eat :)

There brilliant at snake shop we only go There :)

We had a tortoise lived to be 94 we gave it most veg but avoided lettuce and not much cucumber these have a lot of water and not really any goodness we also gave it dog food but cat food has more nutrients as we later found out avoid really hard veg swede ect. Unless you grate it our liked green beans cabbage spinach Apple any soft fruit we would also sprinkle a little powdered cuttlefish bone over soft fruit twice a week to keep the shell and beak in good condition it also loved dandelions and the neighbours pansys and nasturtiums ops...you will find they are scavengers in the wild so love flowers I would still have a word with snake shop they are a bit more up to date than me but you can't go far wrong if you give them plenty of variety

Our tortoise is quite picky with his food but does eat dandelions and some veg. He loves cauli and broccoli and also satsuma's, strawberries and other soft fruit. He eats the cats food as well. I also give him dried food because of the nutrients and as already mentioned....cuttlefish. I leave a whole cuttlefish for him to lick but I add powdered nutrients to his fresh stuff.

He likes the leaf off apple and lilac trees and succulent plants along with a whole host of other plants and flowers. Chrysanthemum leaves....petunia flowers. The list is endless really but I did read that orange fruit like pumpkin helps prevent worms so I always give him pumpkin come Halloween and he seems to like it. I also give him dried apricots which I finely slice and he loves those.

Mine is very particular with his dried food and will only have T-Rex which I buy off e-bay. I'm ready for some more but to be honest I bought a big tub a few years ago so I'm hoping the original seller is still there. He was a font of knowledge and had his own group which I joined but haven't been active for about 10 years now.

I also always make sure there's a constant source of clean drinking water and also a couple of times a week in the warmer weather he has a bath. Just a tray with some luke warm water in it. He loves that and not only drinks but also relieves the other end. The trick is to splash his back before he releases. lol. The water only covers the base part of the shell so not too deep.

Hope this helps but if you watch and try different things you will soon find out what they like and don't like. Believe me......a tortoise is a very intelligent and stubborn animal and not the slow/stupid things that people might imagine them to be.

Mine follows me around like a little dog but hisses at hubby. lol. He's also very partial to exposed toes and won't hesitate to taste them. lol

That's helped me out lots

Thank you so much I've jot a lot of what you have told me down

We're new to keeping a tortoise so reading lots and asking many Q

Thank you very much for all that Information:)