Where to go on holiday??

That was on watchdog last year about airbnb people of getting scammed.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/bbcthree/item/0ab8131a-268b-423f-854d-e581156cbb85

I suppose it depends on how daft you are.

Some people can get conned anywhere.

Look at all them idiots who fell for that brexit scam.

They are still falling for it now. ;)

I suppose it depends on how daft you are.

Some people can get conned anywhere.

Look at all them idiots who fell for that brexit scam.

They are still falling for it now. ;)

Still making friends and influencing people

Still making friends and influencing people

Life is too short not to have a laugh.

And lets admit it, with the current state of things, if you didn't laugh, and have a good holiday you would go round the bend.

Ever thought of Cruising the Mediterranean? It's amazingly good value for money and there are some real bargains to be had.

All sorts of types of cruise on offer, and definitely no longer just for the rich and the old,

Is turkey still riddled with corruption as it was when we last visited when just about everything in the shops clothing and footwear wise was counterfeit?

The camp commandant of the army tented barracks even hired out the troops to the hotels whilst he pocketed the money. And the latest corruption:- officials turning a blind eye for backhanders from people traffickers.

Is turkey still riddled with corruption as it was when we last visited when just about everything in the shops clothing and footwear wise was counterfeit?

The camp commandant of the army tented barracks even hired out the troops to the hotels whilst he pocketed the money. And the latest corruption:- officials turning a blind eye for backhanders from people traffickers.

I was last in Istanbul in the mid 70's, when I was still at sea.

it was a very exciting, busy place in those days.

You could walk ashore with no problems at all, the massive bazaar was most impressive. I think there was nothing you could not buy.

When did it all go wrong, and become a hellhole?

Well it is known as "The land of the genuine fake" :hihi:

I am selling a holiday to Thailand.

4 nights/3 days at Nora Beach Hotel and Spa in Koh Samui in a beach front pool villa suite (bed and breakfast) this includes return flights with Bangkok airways from Bangkok to Koh Samui. The voucher must be used by 30th June 2017. Looking for around £400

Hmm I'm reading through the whole thread so you'll have to forgive me.

I'm a kitesurfer so year round I follow the weather.

January Canary Islands (Always around 22-28C even dead of winter) 2 weeks approx £450 for 2

April Tarifa 20C ish 2 weeks £400 for 2

July-August 25-28C 6 weeks about £2200 for 2 (Private apartment)

October Tarifa (as above)

Nov or Dec (as above)

The canary islands is by far the safest bet for weather for us and our budget. There are further flung places, Brazil or Mexico but they roll in around the same price as Portugal in the height of summer for a 3rd of the time. Yes out of any two weeks during the height of winter we may see one day of light rain in Fuertevetura, but that's it.

I've been doing this trip schedule for, ooo about 15 years now, a selection of different airlines with varying sports luggage allowance etc.

Where to go on holiday, is a pretty broad request, depends what flicks your bean.

August is the month we are looking at going abroad.

We are thinking of going to Malta as we have never been

August is the month we are looking at going abroad.

We are thinking of going to Malta as we have never been

Malta is great, been on for short trips every other year or so since the 1980's some of it has changed, like other places, just not as much. Everywhere is a short bus ride away from everywhere else. Just grab a map and head to the larger towns, Valletta, Sliema, Mdina it's all lovely. Hmm if you've been to Saville and Cadiz it reminds me of those two places. A boat out to Gozo is also a good day spent. Cheap enough, cost me about a fiver on the ferry :D

Malta is great, been on for short trips every other year or so since the 1980's some of it has changed, like other places, just not as much. Everywhere is a short bus ride away from everywhere else. Just grab a map and head to the larger towns, Valletta, Sliema, Mdina it's all lovely. Hmm if you've been to Saville and Cadiz it reminds me of those two places. A boat out to Gozo is also a good day spent. Cheap enough, cost me about a fiver on the ferry :D[/quote

I have been told they have replaced the old buses.

They were part of the holiday magic.

Malta is great, been on for short trips every other year or so since the 1980's some of it has changed, like other places, just not as much. Everywhere is a short bus ride away from everywhere else. Just grab a map and head to the larger towns, Valletta, Sliema, Mdina it's all lovely. Hmm if you've been to Saville and Cadiz it reminds me of those two places. A boat out to Gozo is also a good day spent. Cheap enough, cost me about a fiver on the ferry :D[/quote

I have been told they have replaced the old buses.

They were part of the holiday magic.

Ooo not too sure as my last few visits I've had a rental cor for the duration so didn't take much notice.

This image is from 2011 though via google maps

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Ilkley+Maps/@35.8955146,14.5083193,3a,75y,57.34h,80.68t/data=!3m8!1e1!3m6!1s-zgL9qC6TAaA%2FU_sKKZNs_NI%2FAAAAAAAAis8%2Fe-5_ec0nluIn59xeoJjIGJQ68mAUBmqkQCLIB!2e4!3e11!6s%2F%2Flh6.googleusercontent.com%2F-zgL9qC6TAaA%2FU_sKKZNs_NI%2FAAAAAAAAis8%2Fe-5_ec0nluIn59xeoJjIGJQ68mAUBmqkQCLIB%2Fw203-h100-k-no-pi-0-ya136.24101-ro0-fo100%2F!7i10000!8i5000!4m5!3m4!1s0x487bfb1593bb1d3f:0x9ede145872b9ce21!8m2!3d53.9199629!4d-1.800396!6m1!1e1

Edit: oh, but googling "MALTA BUSES 2016" you've been told right!

Don't be put off a place though, just because the local transport has been updated and become more eco friendly and efficient hehe.

Edited by walkertelecoms