Fairground Songs

Al Capone, Prince Buster. Norton fair great days:)

From a jack to a queen on waltza during early to mid 60s at Darnell fair near ex dog track

"Hey Rock and Roll" by Showaddywaddy on the dodgems in the Fair at the end of Fox Lane, Gleadless

Roy C - Shotgun Wedding at Lings Fair, Oakes Park

'Shakin' All Over' - Johnny Kidd and the Pirates, around 1960 at the fair next to the Victoria Station approach.

Waltzer at the fairs at Owlerton - Runaway and Runaround Sue.

Also Dream by the Everley Brothers.

Al Capone, Prince Buster. Norton fair great days:)

cecil bustamente cambell hard man fe dead

"Dream Lover" Bobby Darin : Cliffe Park summer 1960, Callywhite Lane, Dronfield.

It was Perry Como. The title was Hot Diggety (about 1956).

Thank you for that Fatrajah , I had no idea that it was Perry Como.

Rock And Roll Waltz by Kay Starr and See You Later Alligator by Bill Haley, mid fifties at Rotherham Statiss which came in the Autumn every year and was probably the biggest fair outside of the Nottingham goose fair. Used to hear those songs at smaller fairs in the area too, like in Catcliffe, where I lived then.

Rotherham Statis - best fair ever, we used to look forward to it all year. There was always trouble between the local lads and the fairground lads as we try to repel their advances towards our girlfriends. The the biggest villains were the walzer lads. I think the songs stay with us because of the volume they were played at. No record player I owned could produce anything close. The centre of loudness always seemed to be the speedway rides.

Norfolk Park 1972 fair for Its a Knockout, went every day used to hear Mouldy Old Dough, Popcorn, Starman and All the Young Dudes been played all the time.