Racist, sexually abusive, self obsessed president elect

It looks like NKorea found a rocket they forgot to set off for the Trump inauguration celebrations.:hihi:

What's with all the personal insults and nastiness?

I don't know how old you are 'blake', but you seem to have plenty of the old buck, and little knowledge of conditions in the 1960's

Draft-dodging in the USA was considered cowardice as I remember, among the rednecks such as Trump etc.

With his opinions he was hardly going to be at Woodstock burning his draft card, he was not dodging for any idealistic or political reasons.

He was dodging because he was scared, as they all were, but they went.

Rednecks usually call it cowardice, but not in his case it seems.

there are so called draft dodgers who was anything but cowards, one that readerly springs to mind said, The Vietnamese has done nothing wrong to me/No VietCong/Vietnamese ever called me a n gger.

Edited by kidley

there are so called draft dodgers who was anything but cowards, one that readerly springs to mind said, The Vietnamese has done nothing wrong to me/No VietCong/Vietnamese ever called me a n gger.

I completely agree with you.

Muhammed Ali was a great man, and a hero.

You seem to be missing my point here, but I will not labour it.

Melissa McCarthy doing Sean Spicer on Saturday Night Live is LOL.

70% of the guys in Vietnam were volunteers, whereas in WW2 it was the exact opposite - that time, 70% were drafted and only 30% volunteers.

Trump was the typical young American guy at that time, who didn't volunteer, and wasn't drafted. Most young American guys at that time, who WOULD have been in the forces 20 years earlier during WW2, weren't in the army during the much longer Vietnam era.

not sure if snopes.com have got round yet to making up a page on the matter of whether Donald Trump was a draft dodger like they have Bill Clinton, but if they do, the verdict will be exactly the same :

FALSE.

thats all good and well, youd think with how much he wants to make america great and the best he'd be the first in the queue to volenteer? most that dodged the draft were hippies, who were "opposed" to the war

thats all good and well, youd think with how much he wants to make america great and the best he'd be the first in the queue to volenteer? most that dodged the draft were hippies, who were "opposed" to the war

here you are mel some draft dodgers for you.

George W. Bush.

Rudy Giuliani.

Mitt Romney.

Ted Nugent.

Newt Gingrich.

Bill Clinton.

Dick Cheney.

John Wayne.

here you are mel some draft dodgers for you.

George W. Bush.

Rudy Giuliani.

Mitt Romney.

Ted Nugent.

Newt Gingrich.

Bill Clinton.

Dick Cheney.

John Wayne.

Bruce Springsteen,Jim Morrison and also Jimi Hendrix,Jimi was very clever,he pretended to be homosexual because he knew they were not allowed in the army and so was discharged.No doubts straight into the beds of all the women he had.

Bruce Springsteen,Jim Morrison and also Jimi Hendrix,Jimi was very clever,he pretended to be homosexual because he knew they were not allowed in the army and so was discharged.No doubts straight into the beds of all the women he had.

there was some good ways of avoiding, this one made me laugh.

This tough-talking, gun-totin’ rascal told the magazine High Times in a 1977 interview that he avoided the draft during Viet Nam by taking crystal meth and pooping his pants. He confirmed this story to the Detroit Free Press in 1990, saying he used the inside of his pants as his bathroom for a week to purposely fail the physical. Nugent later denied this, saying he got his deferment by enrolling in college, but that is not true as his actual deferments for 1969 and 1972 were for physical, psychological or moral reasons. It seems he strongly believes in our rights, just not that they are worth fighting for on his part.

Back on topic next time.

I don't know how old you are 'blake', but you seem to have plenty of the old buck, and little knowledge of conditions in the 1960's

Draft-dodging in the USA was considered cowardice as I remember, among the rednecks such as Trump etc.

With his opinions he was hardly going to be at Woodstock burning his draft card, he was not dodging for any idealistic or political reasons.

He was dodging because he was scared, as they all were, but they went.

Rednecks usually call it cowardice, but not in his case it seems.

I know I know plenty more than you do about what the United States was like at that time. I spent five years of my childhood living and going to school, in the same state as Trump is from - New York, and where my dad was a college lecturer conscious that if he flunked a male student one week, then that student was likely to be on his way to Vietnam the next week.

that's why I know most Americans of military age were not drafted and did not go to Vietnam or anywhere else as part of the forces. The Vietnam Veteran's organisations reckon only about 10% of that 18-30 generation went into the forces and only 3% of them were drafted. And you're trying to make out that they 'all had to go' ? Are you serious?

Trump is not a 'redneck', and it is an indication of your total ignorance that you describe him as one. He's from a wealthy background and from the most sophisticated, non-redneck (especially in the 1960s) state in the Union. Redneck is a bit of a loaded term with no precise definition but even rural New Yorkers aren't really rednecks, and workers in New York's declined

industrial towns definitely aren't. As for Trump himself being a redneck, when he is one of the metropolitan elite and also from one of if not the most metropolitan, elitist city in the country, then the idea is a total joke and shows what a total ignoramus you are.

further, Trump in those days may not have been a hippie Woodstock type person, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't a gung-ho militarist type either. I don't know what his opinions were about the war were. I'd expect him to have had no opinion about it really, except that he probably didn't want to be there just like the big majority of other young American men didn't - not all of whom were hippies that wanted to go to protest at Kent State university, drop acid, and go to the Mardi Gras on a motorbike with an improbably large back seat rest. I would guess Trump wasn't firmly against it, as was Clinton, but I'd be surprised if he was enthusiastically in favour of the war. Trump's opinion about the war probably changed from around 1968 onwards when the rest of America (though it was never a majority) started to get more against the Vietnam war than they were before too. Trump was not a political right-conservative in those days any more than he is now.

I know I know plenty more than you do about what the United States was like at that time. I spent five years of my childhood living and going to school, in the same state as Trump is from - New York, and where my dad was a college lecturer conscious that if he flunked a male student one week, then that student was likely to be on his way to Vietnam the next week.

that's why I know most Americans of military age were not drafted and did not go to Vietnam or anywhere else as part of the forces. The Vietnam Veteran's organisations reckon only about 10% of that 18-30 generation went into the forces and only 3% of them were drafted. And you're trying to make out that they 'all had to go' ? Are you serious?

Trump is not a 'redneck', and it is an indication of your total ignorance that you describe him as one. He's from a wealthy background and from the most sophisticated, non-redneck (especially in the 1960s) state in the Union. Redneck is a bit of a loaded term with no precise definition but even rural New Yorkers aren't really rednecks, and workers in New York's declined

industrial towns definitely aren't. As for Trump himself being a redneck, when he is one of the metropolitan elite and also from one of if not the most metropolitan, elitist city in the country, then the idea is a total joke and shows what a total ignoramus you are.

further, Trump in those days may not have been a hippie Woodstock type person, but I'm pretty sure he wasn't a gung-ho militarist type either. I don't know what his opinions were about the war were. I'd expect him to have had no opinion about it really, except that he probably didn't want to be there just like the big majority of other young American men didn't - not all of whom were hippies that wanted to go to protest at Kent State university, drop acid, and go to the Mardi Gras on a motorbike with an improbably large back seat rest. I would guess Trump wasn't firmly against it, as was Clinton, but I'd be surprised if he was enthusiastically in favour of the war. Trump's opinion about the war probably changed from around 1968 onwards when the rest of America (though it was never a majority) started to get more against the Vietnam war than they were before too. Trump was not a political right-conservative in those days any more than he is now.

From that resume of him, it is difficult to tell whether you approve of him or not.

I was based for almost two years on the California coast in the early 70's, so opinions may have been slightly different.

I have never spent any time in the east of the USA so cannot comment on their feelings.

However, going off topic for a minute, I can tell you that the Vietnam War was not approved in the UK, by any means, from the PM downwards.

However, going off topic for a minute, I can tell you that the Vietnam War was not approved in the UK, by any means, from the PM downwards.

And people still had protests just like when President Trump was elected.

I haven't seen them protesting against the allegations brought against our soldiers in recent years.

(the person I was replying to has mixed up the quotes here)

And people still had protests just like when President Trump was elected.

I haven't seen them protesting against the allegations brought against our soldiers in recent years.

There are many protests against the disgusting treatment of our soldiers.

The government trains men to fight and kill, then sends them into the worst hell-holes on the planet, under breaking point stress, then wonders why some of them react in perfectly understandable ways.

If a soldier has 'murdered' some one, he should brought back to a safe place and given counselling.

Not treat as a criminal and dragged before courts.

These men are doing a largely thankless job.

Edited by Jacktari
Mixed up quote