Need a valuation on my toy figure collection

Hi all. I was wondering if anyone knows where I can take my collection of sealed toy figures go a valuation. I have a mixed lot but mainly they are doctor who. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

You don’t have to get expert help to value a collection you can do it yourself, I presume all your figures are mint and boxed if not then they are worth only pence, there are a couple of ways of doing this, look on eBay see what similar toys to yours are selling for this will give a basic idea, remember these prices will be inflated because the seller wants as much as he can get so if a seller is asking £10 for a figure you know it only cost £5 when new and the box is tatty or worn or not in a box then the true value is far less or go to a toy fair the best in our region is at Doncaster Race Course the next one is on the 19th March, go look round and you will see what dealers are selling Dr Who figures for. Unless you have some rare factory error or sort run production you will never get back what you paid for them, dealers will only give you a quarter of their face value to buy them from you, so advice from someone who started collecting “old boys toys “ many years ago, toys were meant to be played with and for them to keep or gain some value put them in the loft for twenty years until everyone else has wrecked theirs and then they may be of some rarity and worth more, remember toys and these kind of figures are made mainly now in China in there thousands upon thousands and it’s the one’s that stand the test of time that are worth money. Hope this helps. :)

Edited by MEC176

Hello. Thanks for the reply. They are all in sealed original packaging. I have gone through them on eBay and I can say I have got some good ones. I might hold into them for a few more years see if they increase in value. Once again Thanks for the info.

Hello. Thanks for the reply. They are all in sealed original packaging. I have gone through them on eBay and I can say I have got some good ones. I might hold into them for a few more years see if they increase in value. Once again Thanks for the info.

Contact vectis.co.uk - UK largest toy auction house.

Contact vectis.co.uk - UK largest toy auction house.

I did not mention auction house's that's ok for selling if you want to get shut of items quickly but not for valuation as they could only base their valuation on simular items that have been sold through their auction house and it would be the last resort as they would sell for very little and you would have auction costs best to hang on to them for a while.

Been to many toy auctions, Vectis included, and many people's expectations of what they expect to get for their toy's have been disappointed, again it's down to age and condition, where do you think dealers buy their stocks from and then sell on at an increased price.

Edited by MEC176

I did not mention auction house's that's ok for selling if you want to get shut of items quickly but not for valuation as they could only base their valuation on simular items that have been sold through their auction house and it would be the last resort as they would sell for very little and you would have auction costs best to hang on to them for a while.

Been to many toy auctions, Vectis included, and many people's expectations of what they expect to get for their toy's have been disappointed, again it's down to age and condition, where do you think dealers buy their stocks from and then sell on at an increased price.

I disagree - I got more from vectis than I would have got on eBay. Your mileage may vary - it may well depend on what you are selling.

I disagree - I got more from vectis than I would have got on eBay. - it may well depend on what you are selling.

So what toy's did you sell !

Hornby trains and model buses (some boxed). Boxed up and sold by vectis in a couple of different auctions. You might, and might is the operative word, get more money on eBay but requires more effort and more time. I don't want to be a collectible toy dealer either.

It always amazes me when people have unused toys to sell.

What did they do as kids?

Never play with them?

My toys were so used and battered about they were only fit for the bin. :)

I suppose that is why unused ones are worth so much these days.