Can gum disease be cured?

I had really bad gum disease a few years ago. I think the numbers the dentist calls out as they do a check up refers to how bad the gum disease is, mine were all above 4.

I started using Corsydol toothpaste, tastes really bad but you get used to it. I found I couldn't use Corsydol mouthwash because it made my tongue sore. So I use cheap Chlorohexadine mouthwash and occasionally the interdental brushes.

The numbers my dentist calls out now are 0, 1 or the odd 2 and he says I've probably managed to save most of my teeth!

It's annoying, I have gum bleeding for months.

Change the diet, been to the dentist, she cleaned the plaque and sad the bleeding will stop in a few days. That was 2 weeks ago. Other then plaque, teeths are perfectly fine. I use recommend mouth wash, flossing, electric toothbrush ( I didn't know how expensive are this things!) special toothpaste and gums are still bleeding. Especially after brushing with​ electric toothbrush. I don't drink, smoke, don't eat to many sweets, I am in great shape only thing that bothers me is gum bleeding! I will go for blood check, just in case it's related to something else.

Watching Angela Rippons latest TV program today, they did a small scientific survey that showed flossing had very little benefit, but using inter-dental bushes had a large effect in reducing dental bacteria.

Yes I saw this so bought some inter-dental brushes but haven't used them yet.

It's annoying, I have gum bleeding for months.

Change the diet, been to the dentist, she cleaned the plaque and sad the bleeding will stop in a few days. That was 2 weeks ago.

If your gums are not very good, over brushing will always make them bleed.

I have had gum problems for years but much better now I spent a lot of time and money sorting them key things that worked for me

Changed my dentist to a private one cost a lot but in the long term saved me as very rarely have to have work done.They also have a separate hygienist and have at least quarter of an hour with them after the dental appointment.

I use an electric tooth brush and floss fairly regularly but use interdental brushes daily which are the things that work best for me between teeth if I stop using them my gums bleed I read somewhere they encourage blood flow to the area in a good way.

It costs me nearly £100 an appointment but I consider it worth it as had years of pain and problems before and am now mostly pain free.

Yes I saw this so bought some inter-dental brushes but haven't used them yet.

They are very good and I have noticed a difference in the two years since I have been using them. There are different sizes which I'm sure you already know.

I use two different sizes so I do not have to use force when cleaning in between my teeth. I'm sure you will notice a difference after you have used them.

I use the alcohol free version of the Corsodyl, but rather than using it as a mouthwash I dip the Tepe brushes in it. It lasts longer that way, and my dentist says my gums are improving. Used as a mouthwash, Corsodyl discoloured my tongue and left an increasingly odd taste in my mouth, possibly from contact with the caffeine in tea.