Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

Will Trump last his full presidential term ?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

• Trump will not last his full term
    • Trump probably won`t last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term and get re-elected

Exactly. That's the way the American voting system works. Any alleged descrepancy could,and would, have been resolved with a recount with the same result.

And again :

It [the fact Trump got in with less votes than Clinton] matters in that Trump stated he wouldn`t accept the result if he lost, particularly in a tight contest*. The question is, what would Trump have said if Clinton had won the presidency on fewer votes and with the proven help of the Russians. That`s a serious question, what do you, and others, think he`d have said ? I`m 100% sure he would not have accepted the result like Clinton has. Am I right ?

* A bit like another nationalistic populist, I wonder who that could be ?

The parallels between the USA and the UK are indeed frightening.

And again :

It [the fact Trump got in with less votes than Clinton] matters in that Trump stated he wouldn`t accept the result if he lost, particularly in a tight contest*. The question is, what would Trump have said if Clinton had won the presidency on fewer votes and with the proven help of the Russians. That`s a serious question, what do you, and others, think he`d have said ? I`m 100% sure he would not have accepted the result like Clinton has. Am I right ?

* A bit like another nationalistic populist, I wonder who that could be ?

The parallels between the USA and the UK are indeed frightening.

As far as I know any Russian help is just a rumour , but if he had called for a re-count chances are the results would be the same.

As far as I know any Russian help is just a rumour , but if he had called for a re-count chances are the results would be the same.

It`s not a rumour, even Trump admits that. What he says is it made no difference to the result. They would say that of course, but even if they`re right, if the American people had known that the Russians were helping Trump I think we can be pretty sure enough of them would have been put off by that to alter the way they voted and thus alter the result. A subtly different situation.

That said, my opinion of the US electorate is so low I wouldn`t put anything past them, maybe they`d have still voted for Trump. No, I`m only joking, I hope.....

What we do know for certain is Trump would be going absolutely crazy over the result if the Russians had helped Clinton and she`d have won.

Edited by Justin Smith

It`s not a rumour, even Trump admits that. What he says is it made no difference to the result. They would say that of course, but even if they`re right, if the American people had known that the Russians were helping Trump I think we can be pretty sure enough of them would have been put off by that to alter the way they voted and thus alter the result. A subtly different situation.

That said, my opinion of the US electorate is so low I wouldn`t put anything past them, maybe they`d have still voted for Trump. No, I`m only joking, I hope.....

What we do know for certain is Trump would be going absolutely crazy over the result if the Russians had helped Clinton and she`d have won.

The last I heard was on News World. I think it was from Sheena Frenkell and they were saying that there was no basis for the rumours. As to the rest, it's speculation.

I think that because of his somewhat stubborn nature to succeed he will achieve most of his promises he made.If he gets the working class middle americans back in work and manufacturing back in the usa he will have every chance of getting re-elected.Mexico may not fare so well out of it but they arent his voters.All his faults will be forgotten if he gets middle americans working again.We will have to wait and see,much the same with Theresa May in this country.I am not a Tory by any stretch but i am willing to give her a chance.The proof will be in the pudding.

It's 50/50 if he will last full term .as for my opinion on what's happened then I wouldn't be surprised if the Russian mafia are in cahoots with American mafia.

his chances of impeachment are pretty low, both houses are now republican afaik.

only for a couple of years, the mid term elections in 2018 see the whole house of representatives and a third of the senate stand for (re)election.

if trump does badly then it's likely the democrats will make significant gains

only for a couple of years, the mid term elections in 2018 see the whole house of representatives and a third of the senate stand for (re)election.

if trump does badly then it's likely the democrats will make significant gains

From what I've read the democrats are all over the shop (a bit like labour but not as bad). They need to find an identity by 2018.

There's only two outcomes to the post. He will last the full term and it won't be nearly as bad as everyone is predicting or he will be impeached or bumped off part way through.

I'm not particularly a fan of Trump or Hillary and would have chosen Clinton as the better of the two.....but I am enjoying the schadenfreude in regard to the shock experienced by the metropolitan liberal elite on both sides of the Atlantic when Trump got elected.

Similar was said by chippy 'journalists' such as Paul Dacre and Toby Young, in the Daily Mail and Telegraph, gloating in the aftermath of the Brexit vote. That watching the disgust in likes of Polly Toynbee, or the celebrated actor Michael Sheen, was a price well worth paying - and if the economy goes tits up as a result of the vote, well who cares, we can all sneer at the Guardian lot. Forgetting that Dacre and Young themselves are very wealthy men.

Well said.

I wonder how many of those celebrities, who said they would leave America, if Trump wins, will leave America ?

Possibly the same as those 'celebrities' who said they'd leave if Labour won the election...Paul Daniels, Phil Collins and Katie Hopkins all threatened to leave if Labour won. I don't know about Daniels and Collins, but Labour missed a trick in not highlighting the fact that if you voted Labour then you're rid of that poisonous troll Hopkins. As it is, we're stuck with her....

Why doesn't Hopkins stand as a UKIP MP in the elections? She's always bitching about all these 'Labour Luvvies' who use their celebrity status to highlight political issues to get their names in the paper....The only way she ca get her name in the paper is by being a complete ****.

Possibly the same as those 'celebrities' who said they'd leave if Labour won the election...Paul Daniels, Phil Collins and Katie Hopkins all threatened to leave if Labour won. I don't know about Daniels and Collins, but Labour missed a trick in not highlighting the fact that if you voted Labour then you're rid of that poisonous troll Hopkins. As it is, we're stuck with her....

Why doesn't Hopkins stand as a UKIP MP in the elections? She's always bitching about all these 'Labour Luvvies' who use their celebrity status to highlight political issues to get their names in the paper....The only way she ca get her name in the paper is by being a complete ****.

To be honest I do not follow Katie Hopkins, so am not really aware of what she says. If I didn't like the lady, then I wouldn't go out of my way to read what she says. However, good luck to Katie Hopkins for making a good living out of whatever jobs, she gets paid for doing. :)

Will Redneck Trump do his four years in office hell yeah, pull up an chair get the pop corn ready it's going to be an interesting ride.

Redneck, lol. He was a cosmopolitan new Yorker most of his life, still is really, he just did what he had to do to get elected. Fair play to him.