Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

Will Trump last his full presidential term ?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

• Trump will not last his full term
    • Trump probably won`t last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term and get re-elected

I don't disagree.

I am a bit concerned that populism is being used as a pejorative in many circles these days, without fully understanding the meaning.

When it`s linked to the word Nationalism it is pejorative because it`s dressing up Nationalism to be more benign than it actually is. Furthermore it`s giving simplistic and false answers to complicated and serious questions. Basically it`s appealing to the lowest most base feelings of people.

When it`s linked to the word Nationalism it is pejorative because it`s dressing up Nationalism to be more benign than it actually is. Furthermore it`s giving simplistic and false answers to complicated and serious questions. Basically it`s appealing to the lowest most base feelings of people.

The problem is that some nationalism is good and healthy, as are all kinds of localism. And some populism is quite proper in a representative democracy.

So there is a problem trying to make the term generally pejorative. Ironically to do so is to give a simplistic answer to a serious issue and appeal to peoples base feelings.

The problem is that some nationalism is good and healthy, as are all kinds of localism. And some populism is quite proper in a representative democracy.

So there is a problem trying to make the term generally pejorative. Ironically to do so is to give a simplistic answer to a serious issue and appeal to peoples base feelings.

Like what ?

Like what ?

People like to maintain and protect their cultural identity.

We generally accept this in others, for example the Welsh and Scottish and British Irish in the UK. We're somewhat dubious of it when it comes to the English or the Americans, but because we suspect something darker beneath rather than because it is explicitly bad.

Theres beauty in the diversity of the peoples of the world and protection of national identity and preservation of national culture is part of that.

People like to maintain and protect their cultural identity.

We generally accept this in others, for example the Welsh and Scottish and British Irish in the UK. We're somewhat dubious of it when it comes to the English or the Americans, but because we suspect something darker beneath rather than because it is explicitly bad.

Theres beauty in the diversity of the peoples of the world and protection of national identity and preservation of national culture is part of that.

Of course it all depends how far one wants to go with that one doesn't it....

But I think I know where you`re going with this, I am not equating the Scottish Nationalists with the French NF or Trump, much less Franco, Mussolini or Hitler.

Of course it all depends how far one wants to go with that one doesn't it....

But I think I know where you`re going with this, I am not equating the Scottish Nationalists with the French NF or Trump, much less Franco, Mussolini or Hitler.

Indeed not. I thought we'd agree on this.

I'm just saying we must be careful. It's not right, nor is it credible, to give the impression that nationalism is universally bad.

I shan't press the point on the virtues of populism in moderation as you've not challenged it.

I'm not particularly a fan of Trump or Hillary and would have chosen Clinton as the better of the two.....but I am enjoying the schadenfreude in regard to the shock experienced by the metropolitan liberal elite on both sides of the Atlantic when Trump got elected.

Well it looks like good old 'merica will get a new candidate in 2020, Oprah Winfrey is considering running LOL. Is there no end to the circus that is called the USA?:confused:

The tweets are back:hihi:

Saturday 4 March 2017 11.57 GMT Last modified on Saturday 4 March 2017 12.01 GMT

Donald Trump has accused the Obama administration of intercepting communications at his offices in New York City before the presidential election in November last year.

The US president tweeted at 5.35am Eastern time:

Follow

Donald J. Trump ✔ @realDonaldTrump

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

1:35 PM - 4 Mar 2017

6,706 6,706 Retweets 13,634 13,634 likes

Follow

Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

1:49 PM - 4 Mar 2017

3,525 3,525 Retweets 9,609 9,609 likes

Follow

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October

The tweets are back:hihi:

Saturday 4 March 2017 11.57 GMT Last modified on Saturday 4 March 2017 12.01 GMT

Donald Trump has accused the Obama administration of intercepting communications at his offices in New York City before the presidential election in November last year.

The US president tweeted at 5.35am Eastern time:

Follow

Terrible! Just found out that Obama had my "wires tapped" in Trump Tower just before the victory. Nothing found. This is McCarthyism!

1:35 PM - 4 Mar 2017

6,706 6,706 Retweets 13,634 13,634 likes

Follow

Is it legal for a sitting President to be "wire tapping" a race for president prior to an election? Turned down by court earlier. A NEW LOW!

1:49 PM - 4 Mar 2017

3,525 3,525 Retweets 9,609 9,609 likes

Follow

I'd bet a good lawyer could make a great case out of the fact that President Obama was tapping my phones in October

I like how he used a big word but he's the one practising 'mccarthyism' in the exact same tweet.

I like how he used a big word but he's the one practising 'mccarthyism' in the exact same tweet.

He's got a lot of covering up to do this week, distraction needed:

http://fortune.com/2017/02/22/trump-security-mar-a-lago-cost-taxpayers/

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/politics/trump-russia-links-washington.html

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/03/us/donald-trump-white-house.html

Might be a bit of an own goal this one tho....

It's concerning. If May (or Cameron or brown or Blair if you prefer) had said something like this they'd be challenged by the media and, hopefully, challenged in the commons. Somebody like Andrew marr would ask on Sunday morning how have you found out, what evidence have you got, what have the security services got to say. Trump is acting like a crazy person shouting at cars, it's incredible.

It's Twittergate, The Washington Post will be all over it. LOL:rolleyes: