Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

Will Trump last his full presidential term ?  

82 members have voted

1. 1. Will Trump last his full presidential term ?

• Trump will not last his full term
    • Trump probably won`t last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term
    • Trump will last his full term and get re-elected

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-promised-to-repeal-obamacare-many-times-ab9500dad31e#.8b9oa5t20

:hihi:

68 times Trump promised to repeal Obamacare

The White House says it’s already moving on.

“Everybody in here, many of you know me, from day one I’ve been talking about we’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare from day one, we’re going to do it. If you remember, so important, from day one I’ve been saying, repeal and replace Obamacare.” [Milford, NH, 2/2/16]

“When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. Have to do it. I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace, and it will be such an honor for me, for you, and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced and we will do it and we will do it very, very quickly.” [Valley Forge, PA, 11/1/16]

Edited by chalga

https://thinkprogress.org/trump-promised-to-repeal-obamacare-many-times-ab9500dad31e#.8b9oa5t20

“Everybody in here, many of you know me, from day one I’ve been talking about we’re going to repeal and replace Obamacare from day one, we’re going to do it. If you remember, so important, from day one I’ve been saying, repeal and replace Obamacare.” [Milford, NH, 2/2/16]

“When we win on November 8th and elect a Republican congress, we will be able to immediately repeal and replace Obamacare. Have to do it. I will ask Congress to convene a special session so we can repeal and replace, and it will be such an honor for me, for you, and for everybody in this country because Obamacare has to be replaced and we will do it and we will do it very, very quickly.” [Valley Forge, PA, 11/1/16]

I've not come across this thinkprogress site before. Reading this, it struck me how important it is to have resources like this where people have made the effort to log all of these promises. This is really important for democracy isn't it? To be able to go back to what people in power have said, and point it out. Because otherwise it's so easy for backsliding politicians to just move on and pretend they never said what they did say.

Looks like Trump is much more comfortable with signing executive orders than he is with 'the art of the deal' in persuading people of his own party to back poor legislation. A natural dictator.

I`m a bit ambivalent about this failure to over turn Obamacare.

On the one hand I`m delighted that Trump is made to look even more foolish and incompetent. He really does know the art of the deal doesn't he ? Is that abstract art though ? ! ?

But on the other hand I don`t want to push it too much, I`d be happy for everyone to just forget about it and Obamacare to stay in place rather than a huge furore and Trump feels he has no option but to get rid of it at all costs, regardless of what, if anything, is put in its place.

I`m a bit ambivalent about this failure to over turn Obamacare.

On the one hand I`m delighted that Trump is made to look even more foolish and incompetent. He really does know the art of the deal doesn't he ? Is that abstract art though ? ! ?

But on the other hand I don`t want to push it too much, I`d be happy for everyone to just forget about it and Obamacare to stay in place rather than a huge furore and Trump feels he has no option but to get rid of it at all costs, regardless of what, if anything, is put in its place.

It appears he has given up on replacing Obamacare already Justin. What a flake! He says he's going to move on to cutting taxes for rich people - because he's so anti-Establishment and all that.

the last survey I saw was only 17% of US citizens supported removing Obamacare. Even most Republicans know that the country has an obligation to provide medical services to all, not just the wealthy few as Paul Ryan and the Tea baggers wants.

Its a huge failure for Donald Trump, the self confessed "Greatest deal maker in the world."

The bill he failed with had massive tax cuts for the wealthy, and would have put 24 million people with no medical insurance, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

And the US health insurance companies were pushing him forward as they were going to be exonerated from supplying coverage on 10 items including hospital visits for pregnancy and mental health counseling ! Standby.

It appears he has given up on replacing Obamacare already Justin. What a flake! He says he's going to move on to cutting taxes for rich people - because he's so anti-Establishment and all that.

That's good news for all the coal miners and steel workers that he was going to get back into work.

the last survey I saw was only 17% of US citizens supported removing Obamacare. Even most Republicans know that the country has an obligation to provide medical services to all, not just the wealthy few as Paul Ryan and the Tea baggers wants.

Its a huge failure for Donald Trump, the self confessed "Greatest deal maker in the world."

The bill he failed with had massive tax cuts for the wealthy, and would have put 24 million people with no medical insurance, according to the Congressional Budget Office.

And the US health insurance companies were pushing him forward as they were going to be exonerated from supplying coverage on 10 items including hospital visits for pregnancy and mental health counseling ! Standby.

You are misrepresenting the survey. 17% supported the replacement that Trump/Republicans were putting forward, more than 17% support the removal of Obamacare.

Also some of the 30 odd Republicans who would not back the bill did so because they didn't think the cuts were big enough.

You think these things hurt Trump but they don't he has developed a cult following, his supporters believe everything he says no matter what. If he tweeted 'Great result, new healthcare regime starts tomorrow #MAGA' half an hour after it got pulled from the Senate they would believe him.

You are misrepresenting the survey. 17% supported the replacement that Trump/Republicans were putting forward, more than 17% support the removal of Obamacare.

Also some of the 30 odd Republicans who would not back the bill did so because they didn't think the cuts were big enough.

You think these things hurt Trump but they don't he has developed a cult following, his supporters believe everything he says no matter what. If he tweeted 'Great result, new healthcare regime starts tomorrow #MAGA' half an hour after it got pulled from the Senate they would believe him.

Not all of them surely ? Certainly not the ones who only voted for Trump because they disliked Clinton even more ? I read a piece the other day that if Obama could have stood again he`d have comfortably beaten Trump. Similarly, if Mitt Romney had have stood (for the Republicans) he`d have got a bigger majority than Trump. Not that Trump actually got a majority but you know what I mean.

Not all of them surely ? Certainly not the ones who only voted for Trump because they disliked Clinton even more ? I read a piece the other day that if Obama could have stood again he`d have comfortably beaten Trump. Similarly, if Mitt Romney had have stood (for the Republicans) he`d have got a bigger majority than Trump. Not that Trump actually got a majority but you know what I mean.

But the reality is that the people wanted Mr. Trump.

I just read that part the Trump regime, The 'US.EPA' are to close coal plants or prevent the construction of new ones in the name of economic development. I wonder where they got that idea from ?

But the reality is that the people wanted Mr. Trump.

The Majority did not want him, he was a few million short of Clinton on the popular vote. He got in through the dated, Electoral College system.

The Majority did not want him, he was a few million short of Clinton on the popular vote. He got in through the dated, Electoral College system.

Has this system been criticised before this election ?