Developing Films

Hi I have several black and white films that I want to get them developed. Haven't tried any places in Sheffield yet... Could anyone suggest a good store that develops films in good quality and price, preferably in city centre area?

Thanks a lot!

Spielmans should process them.

Thanks! It looks nice from their website.

Hi I have several black and white films that I want to get them developed. Haven't tried any places in Sheffield yet... Could anyone suggest a good store that develops films in good quality and price, preferably in city centre area?

Thanks a lot!

Did you get sorted with your Black & White films?

Personally, I'd be surprised if Spielman's would develop B+W on site, a lot of the high street places these days tend to just do C41.

As I'm moving to Sheffield next week, I've already been in touch with a few places... I had this very helpful reply from Harrison cameras:

Our prices for developing and scanning to CD are as follows:

35mm C-41 (Processed in-house): £6.00

35mm B+W (Processed at Peak Imaging): £9.55

120 C-41 (Processed at Peak Imaging): £9.60

120 B+W (Processed at Peak Imaging):£9.60

We are able to process all C-41 35mm film in-store- everything else is sent to Peak Imaging for processing.

Peak Imaging collect from us in-store on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays so all film can be brought to us

Personally, I'd be surprised if Spielman's would develop B+W on site, a lot of the high street places these days tend to just do C41.

As I'm moving to Sheffield next week, I've already been in touch with a few places... I had this very helpful reply from Harrison cameras:

We are able to process all C-41 35mm film in-store- everything else is sent to Peak Imaging for processing.

Peak Imaging collect from us in-store on Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays so all film can be brought to us

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the message...

I didn't go to Spielman as they told me it would take weeks to get B&W films developed and scanned, it's too long for me, and I did go to Harrison Cameras in the end!

Have you tried other places or Harrison Cameras?

Sorry for late reply and thanks for the message...

I didn't go to Spielman as they told me it would take weeks to get B&W films developed and scanned, it's too long for me, and I did go to Harrison Cameras in the end!

Have you tried other places or Harrison Cameras?

Hiya. I had my first rolls back from Harrison at the weekend; they were Ilford XP2 (so black and white to look at, but developed in colour chemicals...sorry if that's stating the obvious, I don't know if you're a fellow nerd or just a casual snapper).

Anyway! I Was impressed with the results. Process + scan to CD for £6 is a reasonable price and I would recommend, but obviously this wasn't 'true' black & white.

Have you found that Harrison will take about a week to return your black & white films? As they send off to Peak?

I've never used Peak, but at those prices I'd expect good results, and they are quite a 'big name' in film processing I think?

Would you let me know how you get on with them - I'd be interested to know!?

I've only been back in Sheffield a fortnight, so I've not used anywhere else I'm afraid. I can offer thoughts on places in West Yorkshire if that's any use to you?

Edited by Alex_B

Hiya. I had my first rolls back from Harrison at the weekend; they were Ilford XP2 (so black and white to look at, but developed in colour chemicals...sorry if that's stating the obvious, I don't know if you're a fellow nerd or just a casual snapper).

Anyway! I Was impressed with the results. Process + scan to CD for £6 is a reasonable price and I would recommend, but obviously this wasn't 'true' black & white.

Have you found that Harrison will take about a week to return your black & white films? As they send off to Peak?

I've never used Peak, but at those prices I'd expect good results, and they are quite a 'big name' in film processing I think?

Would you let me know how you get on with them - I'd be interested to know!?

I've only been back in Sheffield a fortnight, so I've not used anywhere else I'm afraid. I can offer thoughts on places in West Yorkshire if that's any use to you?

Hello... I got my first b&w rolls back from Harrison (while actually Peak...) and it did take about one week. I was a bit disappointed as all the images are scanned to really small size (400-600kb). Peak said it is their 'standard size' (6x4) and I have to send them back to get higher quality scans and pay for more if I want. Or Harrison can scan them but will also charge some. I wasn't aware of these choices or situations at the beginning at all. Overall I think it's quite expensive... I wonder if these are normal or not...

Hello... I got my first b&w rolls back from Harrison (while actually Peak...) and it did take about one week. I was a bit disappointed as all the images are scanned to really small size (400-600kb). Peak said it is their 'standard size' (6x4) and I have to send them back to get higher quality scans and pay for more if I want. Or Harrison can scan them but will also charge some. I wasn't aware of these choices or situations at the beginning at all. Overall I think it's quite expensive... I wonder if these are normal or not...

Ah that's disappointing to hear - is there a big jump in price between 'standard' scans and the higher quality?

Previously for black & white, I've used CC in Leeds. For £10 they develop and scan to 9x6 which seems like a much better deal. For comparison- develop and scan to 6x4 was £7 at CC

On 24/03/2017 at 20:12, Alex_B said:

Thanks for the info about Harrison's doing film developing Alex. Nice to know cheers.