Climbing works & surrounding area parking.

That would mean traffic lights, I think they should shut the road to thru traffic and block the bridge for cars but that would be more controversial than yellow lines. Its a shame as it has the potential to be a nice area for living in rather than a rat run.

If a pavement was put in under the bridge then it would have to become single lane traffic

I've often thought it would be a good idea to try and put a walkway under the bridge which runs above the water, as walking under the bridge on the road is quite risky.

The whole area is a nightmare though. Especially when there's something going on at Climbing Works and parents are dropping kids off for gymnastic classes all at the same time. It's a bit of a pain living around the area with people coming and going outside your house constantly.

I've made some enquiries and have found that the Council have actually consulted on a scheme of yellow lines for this location.

It appears they have received some objections, so they now need to prepare a report and recommendations to the relevant Council Cabinet Member for a decision.

I don't envy you Vrsalijko I considered taking a unit in that yard a long time ago and decided against it. I'm afraid I just use the climbing wall but luckily the Sorby parking bays are useable at that time.

I went last night (I have to admit I drove) and the parking was ridiculous - illegal parking all over the roads outside.

I went last night (I have to admit I drove) and the parking was ridiculous - illegal parking all over the roads outside.

So where did you park?

So where did you park?

A few roads over & walked in.

p.s. a 'luton' box van was stuck under the low railway bridge recently, and the occupants were letting the tyres down when I came past. I won't mention the hire firm.....

I should hope you wouldn't..... Why would it be their fault what someone has done with a van they hired from them?

It's a challenging road/area to drive on at the best of times but there really is some atrocious driving and parking up and down there. It's a narrow road in parts, especially under the bridge, and instead of being careful (because of the limited visibility ahead) and keeping to their side of the road where possible, people just drive straight down the middle of the road at 30mph without looking at or thinking about what's ahead, and then seem surprised when they block up the road or nearly cause a crash.

The inconsiderate parking only makes the visibility, and the ability to get past, even worse. It's a shame there isn't an easier way to create a safe parking area (or areas) for the surrounding businesses on some of the spare land along the road - sadly I don't think anyone would want to foot the bill.

The roads are in a absolutely dire state as well, not just on Little London Road but the surrounding areas too - Smithy Wood Road is probably the worst surfaced road I have ever come across, years of poor quality repairs are to blame for that. It's all well and good reporting potholes (and I do) but when they repair them to such a poor standard it seems fairly pointless. The same ones reappear again and again because the repair was done badly. It's gotten to the point where me and many other drivers have to manoeuvre around the pretty severe dips and holes in the road to avoid damaging our cars. I really hope Amey resurface it soon - I do sometimes wonder why their schedule doesn't take the very worst roads into consideration for priority treatment.