Second hand motorbike shops ?

My family are looking to buy my father inn law a motorbike for his birthday. I can't seem to find a second hand motorbike shop in Sheffield or the surrounding areas. I remember loads years ago but they have all gone.

Thanks

Manhattan Motorcycles, London Road, Heeley for a start.....

yep not many bike shops left apart from the ones named,there's a few in chesterfield which i frequent when out for a run on bike.triumph world, harley world,then cmc at clay cross,all depends on what you want..

J&S in Doncaster (on Marshgate, next to the Prison)

Your better looking for a private seller. Shops are over priced due to high overheads Second hand Honda 125 in a shop (manhatton for one) will be over 2g, buy the same maybe even better for less you just got to look for a private seller.

Unless Money is no object of course, but for me it would be better looking for a private seller

I too would suggest Manhattans as the best choice but warn you away from SMC and MMC.

They are both rip off merchants supreme and you are over charged.

Compare private seller prices with these showroom exotica and they are poles apart. Also, private sellers tend to have cherished their bikes and kept the bike in perfect order.

You need have little concern over buying private. The trade themselves simply 'take back' many bikes when an owner wishes to change motorbike. They steal them off the seller at well below its true value and then add extortionate amounts as soon as it takes space in the showroom.

If you have money to burn then by all means go and set fire to it. But if you want a fair deal check out the likes of ebay and Autotrader [bikes] and have you eyes opened and your bank balance remain healthy.

Should you go to SMC beware of their money saving deals. Bought a second hand Honda CBF 1000 off them and was talked into buying two service vouchers for £300, major and minor service. Due to poor summer, work commitments was 27 months before it was due for a service. Took it in and told vouchers only valid for 24 months, they never said and I did not read the small,print. Initially would not accept them but I kicked off big time and they did a service but charged me both vouchers. Would not recommend them and will not buy from them again.