Parking for city hall

Went to a show at city hall and parked in Eyre street car park, got back to the car and it said 3hrs 11mins £9!,

That's more than a third of the show price!. I know you expect to pay a bit more in a town/city but are there any places cheaper that can be recommended?

Is it a council owned car park ? Or ncp type one ?

The Council car parks have an evening charge when parking after 4.30 p.m. In some car parks the evening charge is £2 and in others it is £1.

You probably picked the most expensive car park available to you other than the NCP on Campo Lane. Hard luck.

Went to Lyceum last week, parked at 5:30pm on Campo Lane and it cost me £2 for the evening.

I suspect the OP went to this one...

http://www.apcoa.co.uk/parking-in/sheffield/the-moor-sheffield.html

A tip for the future, a little research goes a long way. There are quite a few car parks that have deals with the theatres/city hall and offer discounts - I think the Q park on Arundel Gate or Rockingham Street might have some.

As others have said, there are also other options including council car parks which have reduced and/or free parking periods after certain times.

Went to Lyceum last week, parked at 5:30pm on Campo Lane and it cost me £2 for the evening.

I said the NCP on Campo Lane was expensive, not the on street parking. Anything on street in Sheffield after 4.30 costs two quid.

It is ages since I drove to the city and parked...... these days, I park at Gleadless Townend for free, and catch a tram in.

There's SCC surface car park on the site of the former Fire Station. It's a bit of a mare to get to and out of, due to the roadworks around there. We always try and get in there. The reduced evening & Sunday parking charges make this a good spot.

these days, I park at Gleadless Townend for free, and catch a tram in.

Where? I don't recall any car parks near there.

Where? I don't recall any car parks near there.

There is one opposite Sainsburys Local.

Q Park on Rockingham Street has a deal with City Hall. You pay for a voucher at the City Hall box office. I think it's £3.50.