Yell.com any good?

Hello,

Anybody had any positive results from Yell.com paid advertising?

They've made certain promises in a short period of time but as of yet not a thing "guaranteed" has happened.

I don't have much confidence in lead generating systems, the best way to get customers is by referrals, have you tried any networking clubs.

Hello,

Anybody had any positive results from Yell.com paid advertising?

They've made certain promises in a short period of time but as of yet not a thing "guaranteed" has happened.

When was the last time you or anyone else you know used Yell.com?

I don't have much confidence in lead generating systems, the best way to get customers is by referrals, have you tried any networking clubs.

Would you have any suggestions regarding such networking clubs?

If you don't mind me asking have you got personal experience?

When was the last time you or anyone else you know used Yell.com?

How do they generate money if no one uses them?

Surely they must get small businesses some work?

Have you got personal experience of using them?

Is this related to your SEO thread, did you contact anyone?

Wouldn't bother with Yell - most people just search Google. Unless you can get a free listing, if you can get a free one it won't hurt to stick a listing on.

If you can't afford to pay for SEO have you thought about doing a few basics yourself, for example listing your business on Google (https://www.google.co.uk/business/) and setting up a Facebook page. Many people search Facebook for businesses - potential customers like to see things like reviews, customer feedback, photos, etc.

Is this related to your SEO thread, did you contact anyone?

Wouldn't bother with Yell - most people just search Google. Unless you can get a free listing, if you can get a free one it won't hurt to stick a listing on.

If you can't afford to pay for SEO have you thought about doing a few basics yourself, for example listing your business on Google (https://www.google.co.uk/business/) and setting up a Facebook page. Many people search Facebook for businesses - potential customers like to see things like reviews, customer feedback, photos, etc.

We have a forum member who is doing our SEO side of things long term but Yell was more of a short term "guarantee" by them for a certain percentage of business per month.

We are also registered on google business too.

What we are paying I wouldn't say is extortionate and would easily be recouped if we got a fraction of the "guaranteed" work but as of yet, that promise has not materialised.

I was just wondering if anyone did get work through them?

P.S we have a Facebook page that has quite a few 5 star reviews along with 3 reviews on Yell already from customers via Facebook.

We upload photographs on Facebook which seem to be well received/ shared.

I used the Yellow pages years ago. My in laws offered to pay for it as I was just starting out, it may have included online advert as well. I have vague memories that it did. I think I had one customer who came via Yellow pages. Not worth it, I chose to do my own SEO and manage my site along with my husband but we both had experience with websites/IT so learning about SEO wasnt a strech too far. But I would say that paying someone is easier, read that as less time consuming, if the person you are paying knows what they are doing then Yell.com should be a waste of time soon.

The thing with SEO is that it can be time consuming and its not going to be overnight. However, I imagine from the type of business that you run you only really need to apear for local searches. It is when you want to appear nationally that things become more difficult which equals more costly and time consuming.

Not sure what Yell.com "gaurantee" at best X number of people clicking through to your site. But not sure how they gaurantee that and even then click through rate does not equal a customer. Many will click through to never contact you.

Yes we have every confidence in the SEO forum member who we have met and are very pleased with.

We are under no illusion SEO will take time, just a bit frustrating when a big national company like Yell.com are "guaranteeing" a certain amount of calls (specifically) - not clicks - for a set monthly fee.

It's like going out for a meal, ordering a steak after the restaurant states it's a signature dish and you get ..... literally nothing but they still want paying.

We are going to give them a certain amount of time, say 6 weeks and if we have seen no improvement, we willl be pulling the plug I think.

Would you have any suggestions regarding such networking clubs?

If you don't mind me asking have you got personal experience?

I used it 10 or 12 years ago and got nowt from it. I've not looked for anything on yell.com for years and years.

Hi

Yell has long since had its day.

The best way is to think "how do I look for " most people 'Google' things but there are some comparison sites that get used, it depends on your business

My friend still takes out a small advert for his business, sometimes it depends on your target audience.

I think Facebook and Google are now a more effective method of advertising your company though.

Edited by geared