Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

turned that corner in a comfortable open fire bar seating area.

That's me sold!

It's a reason why I love Fox House, and if it's still in, The Rising Sun, especially during winter... a quiet drink and a log fire... bliss!

Just been.

Atmosphere: pub-like but refined. Plenty of people in; some eating, some just drinking, chatting and rejoicing in the fact it's a pub again.

Service: excellent, though the staff are obviously new to the systems and the menu and so on, so make sure they remember to register the daily deal if it applies to you.

Food: great - even the little Lockjaws ate all of theirs, which is rare, and the gluten free stuff was actually gluten free, according to Mrs Lockjaw's innards, unlike the Pesto incarnation.

Won 40 quid on the bandit, too, so it was all free and, if Verona was there, the kerchunking of all those lovely pound coins streaming out will have wound her up a little.

All in all a great early evening.

We'll be back very soon.

I'm a he not a she! And I was there, although I think you put forty in to get forty out, lol. To be honest I really liked the feel of the place. It really appeals to families and my little boy loved watching cbeebies whilst eating his burger. Glad it's not got a pool table though.

The new tenants seem really nice and made a special effort with our little boy. Will be back soon.

Edited by verona

I'm a he not a she! And I was there, although I think you put forty in to get forty out, lol. To be honest I really liked the feel of the place. It really appeals to families and my little boy loved watching cbeebies whilst eating his burger. Glad it's not got a pool table though.

The new tenants seem really nice and made a special effort with our little boy. Will be back soon.

A pub with cbeebies on ? :help:

Each to their own I guess - thanks for the heads up of where to avoid :)

Is Cebeebies on everywhere? Can it be avoided by sitting elsewhere in the pub?

I think it was a one off. Can't see it being a regular thing as it would drive everyone bonkers.

We sat in the restaurant side to start with but we were the only ones in there and it it felt cold so we moved to the bottom bar which feels warm and cosy. For some reason the restaurant area in the Waggon has always lacked atmosphere.

Burgers were alright, nothing special, but can't grumble for £5, you get what you pay for. Might try the steak next time but it's cheap and cheerful pub Grub what people seem to want in here.

It's just not hitting the spot, kids eating 'cheap and cheerful burgers' watching CeeBeebies, while a bloke pumps pound coins endlessly into a slot machine will not cause me to rearrange our planned family outing to Amigo's this weekend!

Edited by beefface

We'll be in tomorrow for a birthday (a different one to previously mentioned!) I wonder if there's any treats for the birthday boy!

SHAMELESS, Tess!!

If the licensee sees this, can I suggest you put on a plentiful supply of Toffee Crisp Popcorn treats? ;)

The birthday treat will be that they will turn CeeBeebies off for you!

I could do a personal appearance as my alter ego...Dave Benson-Phillips (yuk)

It's just not hitting the spot, kids eating 'cheap and cheerful burgers' watching CeeBeebies, while a bloke pumps pound coins endlessly into a slot machine will not cause me to rearrange our planned family outing to Amigo's this weekend!
Not long before the end of the line is in sight if it's sunk to that level already then!

SHAMELESS, Tess!!

If the licensee sees this, can I suggest you put on a plentiful supply of Toffee Crisp Popcorn treats? ;)

IT WAS ONE TIME! ONE TIME! :hihi:

Shameless is my middle name, my good friend....!

IT WAS ONE TIME! ONE TIME! :hihi:

Methinks the lady doth protest too much ;)