Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

Hi Stefan,

We live very close by. I'm a member of the Millhouses traders group (we support each other as local businesses and meet up once each month) be good to have you on board if you're interested?

I'll try and pop down and see you once you're up and running.

To echo what's already been mentioned. We need a pub which serves good food (This feature has sadly been missing for many years now) plus a nice pub atmosphere with proper ales at a decent price. The layout of the pub gives you the opportunity to have a seated restaurant area plus the pub area. Our experience with Flaming Grill was excellent in Nottingham a couple of weeks ago. So I recon you now finally have all the ingredients to make this work!!

Good luck

Keith

Menu looks really good, something for everybody. Priced right and great for families. Can't wait to give it a try.

Thanks for that Andy, shown to our lass and she's well up for a visit. Be nice in the summer, nights walking in the park and calling in for our tea (or as our lass calls it dinner, she's one of them southerners)

All the new signage is going up today, look out for it!

Really don`t like it - tango colours hardly fits in with the coaching inn history of the place. What a shame. Looks terrible. Amazing what a difference signs make.

Really don`t like it - tango colours hardly fits in with the coaching inn history of the place. What a shame. Looks terrible. Amazing what a difference signs make.

As the Ridgeway Arms and the Belfry are Orange, along with the background of their website, and the highlight colour inside, I am assuming it is all part of their branding!

It was a coaching inn? Do you have any more information about that please as it seems a very unlikely location?

What, on what would have been one of the main trading routes over to the Pennines? It's been there years and the pub used to have pictures on the wall of when it was a coaching house.

If the permanent new sign is the one that says Flaming Grill in orange, then I have to say it looks awful. It looks like a temporary sign, or one of the free flyers you get with your junk mail. And it is completely out of character with the rest of the pub building.

What, on what would have been one of the main trading routes over to the Pennines? It's been there years and the pub used to have pictures on the wall of when it was a coaching house.

Coaching inns were in town centres.

Exactly. I now realise that Pesto did a pretty good job with their signage if not their business plan.

Coaching inns were in town centres.

They may well have been but they were on any main route where there was stabling for a change of horses.