Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

I think the main reason for that pub forever changing hands is because of the lack of beer garden. Theres no real point in using the car park as its very shady most of the time, and the seating outside is nice but the sun very quickly drops, and you're still essentially sat by a main road.

I think, if the area doesn't get much use as it is (although I can't work out which bit of the park they think this is? Perhaps the bit to the right of the pub, with the flower beds?) then perhaps its worth utilising it. It sounds like the pub are willing to put quite a large investment into it, so why not.

I think the main reason for that pub forever changing hands is because of the lack of beer garden. Theres no real point in using the car park as its very shady most of the time, and the seating outside is nice but the sun very quickly drops, and you're still essentially sat by a main road.

I think, if the area doesn't get much use as it is (although I can't work out which bit of the park they think this is? Perhaps the bit to the right of the pub, with the flower beds?) then perhaps its worth utilising it. It sounds like the pub are willing to put quite a large investment into it, so why not.

As you look at the front of the pub, it's the strip of park land immediately to the left, through the park gate. As for shade, as far as I can see, this is a very shaded area. It might get some sun from late afternoon.

Yes read this a while ago.

Personally think its a good idea,very few good pub gardens in the area.

Nice place for people to enjoy a drink and some food on a summers day.

Have always thought its the key to that pubs survival and a nice addition to the park as well.

Really don't see what the issue is.

The cafe already uses park land to provide seating for customers. I can’t see why the pub shouldn’t do so as well. If it improves the park and the pub, what’s not to like?

Used to use this pub a good while ago may give it a try but is it Dog friendly inside , don't do food places where dogs are allowed inside

The latest company to run the Waggon & Horses at Millhouses, True North, want to rent, presumably from SCC, a parcel of land to the side of the pub, to the right of the entrance to Millhouses Park, to use as fenced off beer garden.

They have offered to pay an annual sum of £20,000 & a one off of £25,000 for playground equipment for a piece of land they say is little used.

Personally, I think things should remain as they are. The pub could perhaps use part of their car as a beer garden, the pub is afterall on a good bus route & to start leasing bits of Sheffield parkland to private businesses, would start a precedent.

If there's a market for sitting out drinking in the park's surroundings, maybe Millhouses Café should apply for a alcohol licence?

As they presumably already have a similar agreement for the Forum and Devonshire Green I am assuming they have some knowledge of this...Good business to expand your business footprint x2 at such a low cost.

Used to use this pub a good while ago may give it a try but is it Dog friendly inside , don't do food places where dogs are allowed inside

Dogs allowed in the bar to the right but not in the restaurant side to the left as you go in front door. So if you want to eat without dogs nearby, go left!.

It would take this pub to the next level. I think it`s the best its ever been at the moment but a view onto the park would be SO much better than Abbeydale Road car fumes.

I've just moved locally, might call in and try it out

There’s a nice little pub crawl now - the Millhouses, The Robin Hood & The Waggon - all good pubs with great choice of drinks & food ??

And the Ale House is worth a look.

There’s a nice little pub crawl now - the Millhouses, The Robin Hood & The Waggon - all good pubs with great choice of drinks & food ??

I'd give the Robin Hood a bit of a swerve when it comes to food. Both the service & food can be a hit & miss.

Go to the Millhouses.