Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

Its their public facebook page lets you in if you are logged into facebook.

Exactly.

It's a facebook page.

Not a website, and without the password it's inaccessible.

Wow. Didn`t see that coming although I`d noticed it was closed recently. And thanks James for the stats - very illuminating. Again, hope it works. If there are quality drinks on offer, (unlikely with Enterprise) I`d certainly watch sport there. The Picture House are also now showing football which I was surprised by. We`ll see.

Have visited tonight (the Millhouses)well worth a visit if you like your sport and a beer.Really good refit with a good basic food menu and choice of beers am more a lager drinker and it had Estrella and plenty of other quality lagers and seemed to have a good choice of real ale too its mainly a drinks based pub with sport a refreshing change round here!

Have visited tonight (the Millhouses)well worth a visit if you like your sport and a beer.Really good refit with a good basic food menu and choice of beers am more a lager drinker and it had Estrella and plenty of other quality lagers and seemed to have a good choice of real ale too its mainly a drinks based pub with sport a refreshing change round here!

Cheers, I`ll have to give it a go. Last time I went out to watch a match on TV was at the Big Tree.... £4.40 for a bottle of Punk IPA. Or 2 for £5!!!

Last night's cask offerings in The Millhouses were Doom Bar and Moonshine. Four cask lines but nothing on the other two. Had a "craft selection" which consisted of cans of Pistonhead lager.

Besides that is was Moretti, Estrella, Amstel, Guinness, Hop House lager and John Smiths i think.

To be fair I did omit that you get to live for "free" as your living costs are absorbed by the business. But still it is a lifestyle choice, you are not going to get rich. Best case scenario is that you can make a living and not be worried about cash flow/debt all the time.

The issue is the lease owners don't let you make any money. As soon as think you are earning over 30k a year they up the rent.

The reason it attracts couples is the fact that you need two people to do all the work just to keep it open. I would bet that most lease hold couples are near 100hrs a week between them. With the rest of any money going on a couple of bar staff and a chef or two. The key is to work a food offer as that is the only thing the PubCo can't skim from. But the casual dining scene is over populated, if Jamie Oliver is struggling then you know it's tough.

Yep, when the Plough at Sandygate was busy, 7 days a week (a decade ago), Enterprise came to check the books, saw they were doing well, and upped the rent, saw they were selling a load of drinks, and upped the barrelage price per barrel, oh, and "you can only buy your beers from us"......with a 100% mark up of course.

This has to be the only industry where people are penalised for doing well!, where else do you hear of someone selling a lot of a product, and instead of them getting a discount, the buying price goes up!

No signs of the Millhouses reopening. Any news on the beer garden proposals for Waggon?

The screens have been removed from the Millhouses.

Re-opening soon?