Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

Popped in for drinks over the weekend and was really impressed - the music playlist was good, the staffs knowledge on gin very impressive, the drinks menu varied. Didn't eat but the food that came out looked and smelt really good, so of course we will be back soon to give it a go!

We tried to have brunch there but they were fully booked. This fact was made extra annoying due to the fact that there were lots of empty tables albeit `over the border` in the drinks area, which was completely empty. Every time I go past, the food seems to be doing well but the right hand side is pretty much empty.

We tried to have brunch there but they were fully booked. This fact was made extra annoying due to the fact that there were lots of empty tables albeit `over the border` in the drinks area, which was completely empty. Every time I go past, the food seems to be doing well but the right hand side is pretty much empty.

In the York it's the other way round - often nowhere to sit if only having drinks but spare tables in the restaurant bit. Though they also do food at the non-restaurant tables in the York, so isn't that possible in the W&H?

Guest sibon

I went in for lunch a few weeks ago, with the dog. The dog wasn't allowed in the restaurant bit, but they were happy enough to bring our food down to the drinking bit.

If only we had a dog with us. Sounds like an obvious flaw with such a successful chain. Sometimes the Broady will levy have food on the drinking side.

Seems things have changed since they reopened last month. Went in yesterday and aswell as being able to get food in the restaurant they now also have a Bar Menu serving pizzas & burgers (& roasts on Sundays) in the bar area from 12 everyday. Big thumbs up from me!

That is good to hear. It did seem ludicrous to be turned away when there were loads of empty tables. We ended up in Millhouses cafe which worked out well for brunch;much brighter and food nice enough.

I had excellent big, I mean really big 2, layer burger last year in may.

I popped in 3 weeks ago to repeat the experience, but, menu has changed, burgers are small now, and

half of menu is missing (I used to have nachos for starters, now there isn't any)

Bring that double dacker burger back:)

I had excellent big, I mean really big 2, layer burger last year in may.

I popped in 3 weeks ago to repeat the experience, but, menu has changed, burgers are small now, and

half of menu is missing (I used to have nachos for starters, now there isn't any)

Bring that double dacker burger back:)

I think you must be the only person who preferred the flaming grill!

TFG was good at first but rapidly went downhill :(

I went in last Friday and was not impressed the selection of cask beer was in my opinion poor (they only had 3) and not keen on blonde beers. Staff twice pulled the wrong beer. Not much has really changed just a tidy up. Who knows may have caught it on a bad day.

I hoped it would be like the Broadfield but it isn't.

Still waiting for a decent real ale pub on this side of the city.

I hoped it would be like the Broadfield but it isn't.

Still waiting for a decent real ale pub on this side of the city.

The Broadfield and the Wagon are on the same side of the city; only about a mile and half in it distance-wise.