Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

lets all wait and see, give Stefan a chance , I hope it works , good luck Stefan will def be coming down

Good.

I've always thought that the open area at the Northern end of the building would be an ideal spot to have a popular local band play...

That's a cracking idea! I've heard that the Mudcats are brilliant.

Well I am probably one of your target customers... live in walking distance of the Waggon....

I would like somewhere to sit and have a drink ( big plea for real ales).

Would like to be able to bring my kids for something to eat without worrying about them upsetting other diners, slightly separate family area would be good.

It is a beautiful building.... and you have a huge customer base with not too much competition ( where I live I can either walk to the Waggon or the Beauchief , and the Beauchief has nobody else in during the week so not much of an atmosphere) . Its definitely about quality of food and service.

Good luck Stefan..

i'm not too worried about support networks, integrated IT platforms or warehouse logistics. I will however visit and revisit a pub that serves good quality real ales, reasonably priced meals with some variety in the menu in pleasant surroundings served by polite staff at prices a family can afford. And if you can offer that i think you will do well.

This sounds promising, Stefan. We have occasionally visited the Waggon and Horses and had a great pie there in particular, then we went when it had become Pesto and took the kids, but it was way too posh to enjoy with children to be honest. The food was nice but the kids kept knocking things on the floor (as they do!) and I was worried we'd damage something! We go to Millhouses café sometimes but that can be pricey and busy, and shuts fairly early, so it'll be nice to have a family Flaming Grill around the corner as an alternative. Good luck and we will pay a visit once you're open!

Good.

I've always thought that the open area at the Northern end of the building would be an ideal spot to have a popular local band play...

Thats a great idea Lockjaw, perhaps Reasons to be Cheerful could play. Would you know of any local folk bands that might be interested?

Thats a great idea Lockjaw, perhaps Reasons to be Cheerful could play. Would you know of any local folk bands that might be interested?

Funny you should ask that, Bob...

Hi Everyone!

Just a quick update for everyone.

First of all thank you for all your feedback wether it be good or bad, I appreciate it.

A small refurbishment has now started and we are still on track to open on the 19th of February, our official opening night is going to be on the 26th February - and this will be opened by the Sheffield Steeldogs, who I am going to be sponsoring next season.

Hope to see you all soon!

will def be calling one evening when open

Hi Stefan, are you doing anything for us weirdo veggie people ? If you are thinking of doing veggie burgers go for the Quorn classic type burgers instead of the normal breaded mashed veg things, taste alot nicer and no where as dry. Looking forwards to visiting.

The menu is here: http://www.flaminggrillpubs.com/food/

Veggie options include:

Cauliflower Cheese Tart (v) (G) £5.99

Cauliflower and mature Cheddar encased in tomato shortcrust pastry, topped with melted mozzarella. Served with chips and a dressed† mixed leaf side salad

Three Bean Masala (v) (G) £5.79

A lightly-spiced creamy masala curry, served with yellow rice and a dressed† mixed leaf side salad

Chipotle Burrito (v) £5.99

Smokey chipotle bean chilli in a tortilla wrap, topped with spicy salsa, sour cream and guacamole. Served with nachos, rice and a dressed† mixed leaf side salad

Mozzarella & Pesto Burger (v) £4.49

A breaded mixed vegetable, mozzarella & pesto burger