Waggon & Horses, Millhouses

It most certainly won't, the current Flaming Grill I'm at now just to give you an idea was still full of drinkers at 2am on New Years Eve, that was after our fully booked 3 course meal that finished at 10.30pm.

My personal expectations are around 50% food and 50% drink sales but until we hit the ground running everything is a bit of a waiting and guessing game, but one I am genuinely excited to get stuck in to even though it sounds like it could be a challenge.

---------- Post added 14-01-2014 at 01:57 ----------

In that case will go against the trend a little and say it could actually work.

A proper pub with simple food is exactly whats needed to take advantage of the park trade and as I said when it was run correctly in the past have seen it busy in the evenings too.

Stefan, could you please answer these brief questions?

Who will be supplying your meat?

Where will the burgers be made and who will be preparing them?

Where will your sauces (barbeque, pasta etc) be made and who will be preparing them?

Who will be supplying your fresh ingredients (bread, salad etc)?

Look forward to hearing from you.

I don't see the point in being all naive and pretending you don't know the answer to this. The food supplies will come from the pub company.

I don't see the point in being all naive and pretending you don't know the answer to this. The food supplies will come from the pub company.

Of course! but where is this food produced and who, or what is producing it? 'seems like a reasonable request of someone who wants me to spend money in his outlet on food!

Edited by beefface

Of course! but where is this food produced and who, or what is producing it? 'seems like a reasonable request of someone who wants me to spend money in his outlet on food!

Most likely Brakes or 3663......

Most likely Brakes or 3663......

or total or windsors or hopwells or delice de france, the list is endless just about any catering operation wether they are a pub chain or fancy gastro 2 star Michelin outlet use these guys to a greater or lesser extent, its not what you buy or where you buy it that is the problem its the people putting it together that screws it up. this place could do really well if the offering is put together properly and served properly in a good atmosphere, dont make it so cheap that its full of idiots, keep the prices and the offering reasonably upmarket and the quality spend families & locals will come back.

This is where pub food comes from - http://www.3663.co.uk/pub-food

I eat it sometimes, just because it happens to be convenient, but don't pretend it's anything like the stuff you can cook yourself or the stuff you will get at a proper restaurant that cooks from ingredients.

Good luck Stefan! Hope it does well and I'll try and pop in with family if there's good ale on.

Awful bog standard pubco food and the manager will only have in the pub what Spirit allow him to have. I hate these companies taking on pubs and spoiling them.

Are you sure about that or just been a pessimist? :huh:

---------- Post added 15-01-2014 at 17:37 ----------

Also look at The Broadfield.

A run down tired old pub that now seems to be thriving under the new management and refurbishing.

Good choice of ales, damn good food and a nice atmosphere.

Went in last Thursday afternoon and it was really busy even then.

Couldn't agree more! I hope we're saying the same about the W&H in a few months :thumbsup:

Are you sure about that or just been a pessimist? :huh:

---------- Post added 15-01-2014 at 17:37 ----------

Couldn't agree more! I hope we're saying the same about the W&H in a few months :thumbsup:

Sure!!!!!!!!!!!!

I took my family there for the youngest son's birthday in the summer. Eight adults and two kids looking forward to something a bit different. The food was ok but the service was awful, pleasant staff but very disorganised. We ended up going to the bar and buying our drinks after waiting 20 minutes to be served. Sorry to say we didn't go again but will give it another try when it reopens and good luck to the new owners.

This is where pub food comes from - http://www.3663.co.uk/pub-food

I eat it sometimes, just because it happens to be convenient, but don't pretend it's anything like the stuff you can cook yourself or the stuff you will get at a proper restaurant that cooks from ingredients.

We don't get our food from the above mentioned 3663, our suppliers are Kuehne and Nagel and our meat is supplied from a supplier Russell Hulme.

We are still on track to open at the end of February!