Carp fishing around a 20 mile radius of Sheffield

Just moved into Thurcroft and want to know about carp fishing around the area? and if there are any club waters that an OAP could join that have carp in them.

Probably better doing day ticket waters at £5 a day then youre spoilt for choice / Other way is join a local fishing club but they will still fish these same waters but you get great days out // I fish Treeton Dyke but its not an out and out carp water like Kiveton waters or Kiveton village [ like this one ] // then theres straight mile 10 mins from you . Clowne bit select spoilt for choice realy if you got a car have a run round . One club that may suit you is Ravensfield near Rotherham nice and private about £50 a year may be cheaper O. A. P

Edited by spider1

Walked through, well by the side of.... Barlow Ponds last weekend, one of the ponds had a "Carp Pond" by it....

messingham sands scunny is a great and do mean great pond for carp best around in south yorkshire by a mile there is a few ponds at messingham sands a couple are match ponds tho

I wouldn't class Kiveton Waters as an out-and-out carp water, I fish it pretty frequently, the pleasure lake at the top, and I get mostly skimmers, bream & roach

yes there are a lot of carp in, and some mid to upper doubles, but it's definitely a mixed fishery

also there are 2 lakes at Alderfen that are carp waters - that's at Wroot the other side of Doncaster

syndicate carp, have you tried Wentworth?

Thanks to all who gave their time to help me find somewhere to go carp fishing now I have moved up here.

Just hope you get some pal

Thanks, I'm sure I will enjoy it as long as I get the odd one or two.