Help with photpgraphy in the feild new DSLR beginner.

Hi everyone. I have not long bought my first DSLR camera and am really wanting to get to grips with using it for landscape photography. If you know anyone who could help me or would want to join me for a walk in the peaks to give any help and guidance I would be very grateful. The past few months I have had a rough time but want to start getting more engrossed in the hobby I love.

Please pm me for my email to get in touch.

if your a Facebook user have a look for a group called i just wanna tek good photos, they are a friendly bunch with members of all abilities . based in Sheffield with regular outings and all the help and advice you need.

I have just got into photography myself and a friend of mine gave me a very good tip.

If your camera can shoot in RAW mode, use it as opposed to JPEG. RAW format is more flexible and is more 'editable' than JPEG.

Edited by nessie1408

youtube is a massive help to learn tips or tricks with your make and model camera also for learning what all those words other togs love to use such as iso -shutter speed - or f-stops . I also found this site helpful http://digital-photography-school.com/digital-photography-tips-for-beginners/

Thanks guys. I don't want to start shooting RAW yet as I am not overly good at Photoshop editing. I find it all confusing. I have subscribed to YouTube channels and am getting more engrossed.

Thanks guys. I don't want to start shooting RAW yet as I am not overly good at Photoshop editing. I find it all confusing. I have subscribed to YouTube channels and am getting more engrossed.
Some cameras allow you to take photos in both jpg and raw.

This will allow you to keep the raw pic to manipulate when you get more experience.

Every time you save a jpg you lose info but not with raw.

Thankyou. All a learning curve for me. ?

Some cameras allow you to take photos in both jpg and raw.

This will allow you to keep the raw pic to manipulate when you get more experience.

Every time you save a jpg you lose info but not with raw.

Hi OP,

Totally agree with Davyboy here. I have been into photography myself for about 6 years. Up until about 2 years ago I shot all images in Jpeg. Looking back at the images I took there are a few that I wish I could work on in Photoshop now that I have learned some basics but no longer have the option.

If your camera has the ability to shoot both I would highly recommend switching to that mode sooner rather than later. You will certainly sacrifice memory card space as a RAW can be more than twice the size of the Jpeg but you can pick memory cards up really cheaply these days.

Other than that when out in the field take lots and lots of pictures. One of my personal issues at first is that I would get to hung up trying to take one or two perfect pictures of a subject. When I came to look at these on the big screen they were never as good as they appeared on the camera LCD now i take a lot more shots of subjects and end up getting what I want. Its amazing how 3 or 4 frames that look identical at the time of shooting differ when you look at them later!