Wigfalls old staff

You are right bazza63 regarding Leo,s wife she was at Bellhouse Road but Leo was definitely the manager at Middlewood Rd when i worked there, G Burrell was the area manager at the time.

My brother in law Malcolm Jackson worked as a hoover engineer for many years

Vaguely remember the name were in Sheffield area did he work.

---------- Post added 16-01-2017 at 11:13 ----------

Does your in law remember Jim Barber.

Thanks athy

Apparently I cannot private message until I have made five posts which this is. That done I can and will message in private. Thanks to all for your help.

Chris Kroukamp, big South African guy. Not sure which branch he worked at but following Wiggys he went to Walsh's. Also David Annat, lives at Hartington.

Chris worked at Middlewood Rd branch/

Ted Crabtree, i think he was in charge of the reconditioned tv department at Walker street

On 11/01/2017 at 21:25, jackanne said:

David and barry martin,tv engineers sheffield.

Barry was my Dad ! Gone but not forgotten !!

I've never worked at Wiggys but around 1978 I was a postman and delivered to Henry Wigfalls house in Carsick Hill Lane in Fulwood.

He was getting on a bit then and he used to have a chat outside his house as he would walk down the staircase which led up to his front door to save my legs.

Anyone remember a Mrs Needham at Middlewood rd?

I spent a couple of years in the mid-70s working at the Transport Department on Harvest Lane, just up from Mowbray St in Sheffield. Was a junior office clerk. The office was over the garage where mechanics repaired and serviced the company's vehicles. I remember a regular influx of Bedford H.A and C.F vans and Hillman Avenger Estates. One of the directors (Robert Morrell?) had a pink Porsche.

The manager while I was there was a chap called Harry Berry. Interesting man. He and his wife used to go on the cruise ship Canberra regularly.

Some of the great, friendly, mechanics I recall are Barrie Cotton, Ted Witham and Barry Davenport and there was a marvellous fella in the same dept as me, Barry Ward, that got me in to Led Zeppelin - for which I will be forever grateful 😀. 

I jumped ship and went to Bentley Bros for a quid an hour more 😀.  

Were Wigfall's HQ in the Rutland Road area or near the Wicker or Neepsend, Not to be cunfused with Wigfulls Flour mill which was in the lower Brunswick Road area.