Wigfalls old staff

I worked for Wigfalls at Boston Lincs for 26 years from april 1961 and have many memories including many staff at Sheffield. I would like to make contact with old staff.

How about NICKY PLATTS t.v engineer worked in sheffield

David and barry martin,tv engineers sheffield.

Norman Hallam worked there for many years as a field engineer. About 1963 he transferred down to Boston. Most thursdays we went up to Mowbray st. for various reasons. First port of call was the canteen for breakfast. Tom Keefe was transport manager , Harry Berry foreman and Ron Miller next in line. Albert Coe walked around with hand full of paperwork. I think he was stock controller or something like that. Steve with his pint tea mug and his little office was in charge of aerial work. I think Tom Keefe was a bit of a pig to most staff but we were ok as we always went up with veg and potatoes rose bushes from a renowned boston grower. During the strawberry season we spent the previous day picking strawberries to fill the van. They were always in great demand. Norman spent about four or five years and then became homesick returning to his old house 13 fulmere road parsons cross. He was a good mate.

I could go on for ever about those days.With a bit of thought a few more name will come back. Bob Warrington at rutland road has just popped up.

I presume you were at mowbray street. What period would that be?

Hope to chat at length soon.

Edited by bill daubney

George Stephenson,Ken Mittchell, Frank Morrell. M.D . T.V. B.Whitely , B.Cannon, K.Wagstaffe.R.Boot Mrs Fletcher. I worked for a while in Wiggys on Middlewood Rd, Mr J.Bland was Manager, the went to Hoover Ltd in early 60s domestic appliance Eng.Barry Couldwell.

Did Mrs Needham work at the Middlewood Rd branch?.

Chris Stainton worked for Wigfalls in Sheffield. He was bass guitar and later keyboards with the late Joe Cocker (Vance Arnold). He now lives in America.

George Stephenson,Ken Mittchell, Frank Morrell. M.D . T.V. B.Whitely , B.Cannon, K.Wagstaffe.R.Boot Mrs Fletcher. I worked for a while in Wiggys on Middlewood Rd, Mr J.Bland was Manager, the went to Hoover Ltd in early 60s domestic appliance Eng.Barry Couldwell.

My mother worked for many years at Rutland Road for Alfred Wheen, on Alfred's retirement she later moved into his position as Advertising Manager, working on their catalogue, Avenue House, which was printed at Townsends of Chesterfield (more Wigfalls Family).

I worked in the Middlewood Road shop from 1978 to 81, the manager there at the time was Leo Doughty, his wife Rose also worked at the branch, other staff members i can remember were Beryl Hancox, Nancy Mallinson and Frank (cant remember his surname) the hoover rep was Walter Goulson (maybe Goldstone)

Chris Stainton worked for Wigfalls in Sheffield. He was bass guitar and later keyboards with the late Joe Cocker (Vance Arnold). He now lives in America.

Is chris still performing in the States?

Correction - Chris currently lives in Camberley, Surrey, with his wife of 45 years, Gail.

Still working

Wally Gulson was the Hoover rep,I thought Leo and is wife were at Bellhouse Rd, J. Pollard. G.Burrell.S Dukes.O Rouke,G.Heathcote. were managers at M/Wood Rd. K.Wright,G.Butterly,K.Williams,V.Wilson,were Hoover Reps attached to M/Wood Rd.