Incident at Southey /Parson Cross 11/01/2017

Has there been an accident or major incident there this afternoon? Paramedics, ambulance, air ambulance and quite a few police cars blocking off Buchanan Road. Hope it's not as bad as it looks.

I walked past it, looked bad but wouldn't want to say to much

school kid got hit by a taxi. two kids were walking home and one kid got spooked by the dog that gets out and roams about on there :mad: kid runs into the road and gets hit by a taxi, poor lad went flying back onto the path unconscious. taxi was doing about 35 40 mph on a 20 mph road :mad: had to call an Air Ambulance for him, not heard anything since they lifted him away, fingers crossed his ok

Thanks for the update . Hope the little fella is going to recover soon.

Oh I do hope he'll be ok :(

Poor kid hope he's ok.

Stupid irresponsible owners of the dog should have lessons on how to look after animals and not be lazy <removed> and how to keep them in your garden.

To the taxi driver for driving nearly double the speed limit for that road, you now should loose your license and your livelihood.

I hate that road every time I use it some prat is always right up to my bumper. I stay to the 20 mph limit and can always see them in my mirror cursing me.

Edited by nikki-red

Hopes and prayers for the little one, his family and friends, and all those assisting him.

The finger pointing has been removed. A child is badly hurt. The police will do the investigations and take action as required. The blaming and bickering can now cease.

Just wanted to put this as an update, as I stumbled across this recent article in The Star which I presume is relating to this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/despicable-thieves-burgle-sheffield-boy-s-home-as-he-lies-unconscious-in-hospital-following-crash-1-8338572

The article states Lewis is still in an induced coma. Unfortunately, whilst his family were at his bedside, their home was burgled!

I continue to pray for his recovery and for strength for his loved ones.

Just wanted to put this as an update, as I stumbled across this recent article in The Star which I presume is relating to this:

http://www.thestar.co.uk/our-towns-and-cities/sheffield/despicable-thieves-burgle-sheffield-boy-s-home-as-he-lies-unconscious-in-hospital-following-crash-1-8338572

The article states Lewis is still in an induced coma. Unfortunately, whilst his family were at his bedside, their home was burgled!

I continue to pray for his recovery and for strength for his loved ones.

Scumbags :rant: