Local Aluminium Extrusion suppliers?

Hello, I'm looking for local suppliers of Aluminum extrusion or Aluminium T Slot.

I'm wanting to make a cube from this material but I can't find anywhere local where I can go and see the product.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you

My company sells a modular aluminium system for producing frameworks. You can see our profiles here:

https://issuu.com/fogasystem/docs/foga_system_-_designers_guide/10

Call me on 01302 249374, if this looks to be any interest to you. All profiles are in silver anodised finish (satin silver)

We're based in Balby, Doncaster but I live in Sheffield myself.

Edited by cptwhite

Two Wests & Elliot (yes strange name) is a supplier of gardening equipment located off the Dronfield bypass on an industrial estate (top corner). They have a trade counter that sells direct and do all sorts of aluminium tubes, extrusions and fittings.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I've checker them out and Simmal seems to have what im after, not local but i'll give them a call.

I didn't think this would have been so difficult to find in Sheffield!

Cheers.

Thank you all for the suggestions.

I've checker them out and Simmal seems to have what im after, not local but i'll give them a call.

I didn't think this would have been so difficult to find in Sheffield!

Cheers.

Yes … 'Sheffield … city of aluminium'. Quite a ring to it hasn't it?

(I'm having problems trying to get hold of some steel (any off-cuts) to use for anodes at the mo, so I can hardly make fun in all honesty) ;)

(I'm having problems trying to get hold of some steel (any off-cuts) to use for anodes at the mo, so I can hardly make fun in all honesty) ;)

Alco, several folks seem to recommend re-bar for that job, so have a word with any building sites pouring concrete.

I was referring more to the fact that Sheffield is a big city, rather than its history with Steel.

But thanks for the input.

Alco, several folks seem to recommend re-bar for that job, so have a word with any building sites pouring concrete.

I'm after anodes for electrolytic rust removal purposes and was led to believe that the bigger the surface area is, the better, therefore looking for flat bar.

I had some beauts (150x60x6) but they've dissolved. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though, I hadn't thought of it and may try it. :thumbsup:

---------- Post added 10-01-2017 at 18:06 ----------

I was referring more to the fact that Sheffield is a big city, rather than its history with Steel.

But thanks for the input.

I realised that and apologise. :)

I'm after anodes for electrolytic rust removal purposes and was led to believe that the bigger the surface area is, the better, therefore looking for flat bar.

I had some beauts (150x60x6) but they've dissolved. :(

Thanks for the suggestion though, I hadn't thought of it and may try it. :thumbsup:

I'm guessing you're using a plastic vessel for holding the rusty bits in the solution (washing soda?)

I was thinking that a load of lengths of re-bar, arranged round the outside periphery of the tub, with the tops tack welded to a length of scrap thinner bar to join them, both mechanically and electrically.

This would give you lots of surface area and also surround the rusty bits, hopefully making the whole process faster and more even.

I just did a quick Google image search on the emboldened text above to find something to illustrate my reply. Something like this but with the tops just welded together via another common bit of bar.

Seems unnecessarily complicated to do it the way this person has, since they clearly have a welder.

I'm guessing you're using a plastic vessel for holding the rusty bits in the solution (washing soda?)

I was thinking that a load of lengths of re-bar, arranged round the outside periphery of the tub, with the tops tack welded to a length of scrap thinner bar to join them, both mechanically and electrically.

This would give you lots of surface area and also surround the rusty bits, hopefully making the whole process faster and more even.

I just did a quick Google image search on the emboldened text above to find something to illustrate my reply. Something like this but with the tops just welded together via another common bit of bar.

Seems unnecessarily complicated to do it the way this person has, since they clearly have a welder.

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing, albeit using ammonium chloride as the electrolyte (I have sodium carbonate for less invasive cleaning too).

The system you've linked to does seem slightly over engineered, especially bearing in mind the anodes do build up with crud and need cleaning occasionally (as well as replacing, being sacrificial). I'm getting great results with the kit I've bought, which also includes all the stuff to then bright zinc plate then yellow or clear passivate.

Looking into chrome plating next. :)