Sharrow Lane School 1950s - Reunions

Hi Oscar, yes I wrote it. It is one of a trilogy I have called The Lanes. The others are about Dixon Lane and Manor Lane and part of that one has been embodied in a sculpture in a new park near the Manor Castle. Glad you enjoyed it, thanks!

Yes I agree the Stag is a good idea. I feel sure they'll have parking space for zimmer frames!

Brilliant !... you have an obvious talent .. I recorded the poem.. and shall take another listen.. Dj.

Brilliant !... you have an obvious talent .. I recorded the poem.. and shall take another listen.. Dj.

This is not a plug but if you have an ipad or tablet or kindle you might like to look at Tramway Tales by David France on Kindle Books priced at 97p ! I recommend "Blind Man's Buff" and "Snakes Alive" for Sharrow memories...lol.

Don't worry Runningman, I'll put a reserved notice on a chair for you! Like I said, we may spill out to a pub! Suggestions welcome.

Hi David and thanks, a nice response !

Sorry I can,t make it , but if anyone remembers Alan Hardy from Lansdown Rd and the 139th ,then Hello to you all.

Sorry I can,t make it , but if anyone remembers Alan Hardy from Lansdown Rd and the 139th ,then Hello to you all.

Gotcha' thanks 'sharrowyank'... I guess it would be a fair owd' journey for you to make ! Hope you enjoyed your recent visit here..... All the best and ''Cheers'' from Dj.

Hello again David, I've remembered a few more names.

Bob Hempstock

Mick Linley

Roger Walker.

Roger lived on the same road as me, and we still meet up occasionally for a drink and a chat.

I've also remembered a few of the girls.

Yvonne Cohen

Christine Salmons

Avis Tingle

Valerie Burgin

Mavis Leavesley

Rosamund Pygott

Sandra Cooke

Judith Whitehead

Betty Smedley.

As you say it seems to have been a very good class, in what was a very good school!

And another.....Glenys Marsden....and Patricia Turton

Edited by DavidFrance

Hi everyone. Really looking forward to this reunion.my name is John naylor and I went to Sharrow lane school between 1952-1958. Also my brother Michael naylor went to the school between 1947-1958. I will see if I can get him to come along.. Looking forward to hearing from any of my old school mates and also the reunion...

Hi everyone. Really looking forward to this reunion.my name is John naylor and I went to Sharrow lane school between 1952-1958. Also my brother Michael naylor went to the school between 1947-1958. I will see if I can get him to come along.. Looking forward to hearing from any of my old school mates and also the reunion...

Hi, John .....we shall look forward to seeing you and, hopefully, Michael as well on Friday week. Bring any mates you are in touch with....and photos as well please, especially pictures taken at school. DF

Looks like its going to be a good turn out ,looking forward to it. Well worth the 80 mile journey.

Would pupils who attended Sharrow Lane in the 1970's, be welcome at this reunion? I also attended the centenary back in about 1989, and last year, 2016, would have marked exactly 125 years since the school was fully built. The central building was built first with the primary school building coming next, followed by the extension to the central building in the junior school yard side later. I was brought up on Croydon St and went to Sharrow St Johns playgroup in 1968/9 before starting at Sharrow Lane Infants in January 1970. I left for Abbeydale Grange School in 1976. You may remember a Mrs Timperley at Sharrow Lane.

Would pupils who attended Sharrow Lane in the 1970's, be welcome at this reunion? I also attended the centenary back in about 1989, and last year, 2016, would have marked exactly 125 years since the school was fully built. The central building was built first with the primary school building coming next, followed by the extension to the central building in the junior school yard side later. I was brought up on Croydon St and went to Sharrow St Johns playgroup in 1968/9 before starting at Sharrow Lane Infants in January 1970. I left for Abbeydale Grange School in 1976. You may remember a Mrs Timperley at Sharrow Lane.

'diezeltruck'.... Speaking from my own point of view...... Yes !!...sure thing !.. by all means come along and have a chat to everyone... Cheers from Dj.